Turn off notification beeps?

My garage sensor went offline so the panel is beeping nonstop. I pulled the battery. Still beeping. I cleared the notification message on the panel. Still beeps.

Other than turning the volume all the way down how do I acknowledge the notification and make it stop beeping?

Thanks.

I’m not seeing any Surety subscription tied to this user. So that we can best assist, what model of alarm panel are you using?

Offline is a common status with a variety of causes. Read more here:

That status is the panel confirming that signals have been missed from that sensor. If the battery is removed, this condition cannot be resolved as it will no longer communicate at all.

You would need to remove it from programming to resolve the Offline condition if the sensor is no longer functional.

Hello @jwcsurety. I have a Qolsys 4 panel.
I could find no way to turn off the beeping that occurred when it lost connection.
I had family over at the time and couldn’t work on the problem. That’s why I tried removing the battery.
Finally, I removed the sensor. I would think there has to be a better way that I’m missing?

What model of sensor is it?

You can acknowledge the alerts at the panel to silence them for a while. Repeated trouble statuses will cause the beeps to restart.

It’s a Interlogix HDX-135. Acknowledged the alerts but it didn’t stop.

Do you have EN Grade 2 enabled in Installer Settings?

Not checked (not enabled).

Is Fire and Life Safety trouble beeps enabled? That would be the cause in this case. We have seen a report of this being enabled and inaccessible in the latest firmware.

Where is that found?
I have trouble beeps turned off but don’t see Fire and Life Safety.

It is under Sound, you’ll need to use the installer or dealer code.

Found it. Interestingly, it is check but also grayed out so I can’t uncheck it.