Tstat not updating after cell swap

I successfully swapped a Verizon 3g cell sled for a 4g sled. Everything seems to work great, except for the tstats. The tstats no longer update in the app and commands from the app do not reach the tstat. The panel is a 2gig GC3. The tstats are ADC T3000s. The panel appears to speak to the tstats. They show up as successful nodes. I did a zwave rediscovery anyway, and they were found successfully. The app is connecting to the panel otherwise. But the temps do not update in the app, and commands do not reach the tstat from the app. Any ideas?

It now appears that there may be some issues with communication from the panel to ADC to the app, even though the panel seems to be receiving commends from the app.

Do u do the cell swap on surety side

Yes. I did this time.

I appears there may also be a (periodic?) issue with transmission back from the panel to ADC, even though it seems to work ok from ADC to the panel, at least as far as arm/disarm commands go.

I am seeing evidence of that in history. Sending some pings, the cell specific pings are a bit sporadic.

Can you please power off the panel, transformer and battery, for at least 2 full minutes?

After 2 minutes plug the battery back in, then close it up and plug in the transformer. Let it boot up then run a cell test.

Any change?

Unfortunately, I am not physically there, and probably won’t be back for 2 weeks, so I can not do that at this time. What else can I try?

You can try a remote reboot using the System Manager, however the extended power down does have a slightly different purpose (tests an additional aspect of the cell network connection)

If you reboot, do you notice any difference?

No change

Is this a bad cell sled?

It is possible but not likely given what we are seeing. I am actually seeing all of those thermostat commands getting acknowledged within a couple seconds by the panel, and those going through broadband should still work fine.

If the problem with Tstats is new and this issue is with the communication, I would first troubleshoot syncing issues with the carrier network. The first thing would be that extended power down, then the next step I would try would be disabling dual path and resending some of the initial connection commands for dual path, which can often kick this kind of issue loose.

However, the power down would require someone on site, and resetting the dual path settings runs the risk of it failing to connect again, which could be fixed with some local functions and so would be best with someone on site.

Now all that said, there are separate potential concerns regarding the thermostats. There are only the two thermostats on the account it appears. One is reporting having been learned in on battery only and would be harder to wake with commands, depending on distance from the panel. The other is reporting low battery levels.

Yes. The Tstat issue began simultaneously with the cell swap. The low battery tstat remains off and the battery pulled due to hardware issues with that mini split unit. It has been functioning simply as a temp sensor. I am waiting on a promised firmware update from Mitsubishi. The other one has worked perfectly for several years. This is the first issue it has had. Where can I find instructions for “disabling dual path and resending some of the initial connection commands for dual path”, since this could basically only be done on the weekend when no support from Surety is available.?

Where can I find instructions for “disabling dual path and resending some of the initial connection commands for dual path”

These are commands we would need to send to troubleshoot.

Do you recall seeing a radio status error “Radio Module Status Not Detected?”

I was able to get a couple responses yesterday after requesting a comm test, but now I am not getting any cell ping response.

Yes. I believe I got that message before the radio test started, but then the radio test ran and showed success. I am not getting any response either. I know an AC tech went in and out the front door today, but it doesn’t show up in history and there was no notification.

If you see a pervasive Radio Module Status Not Detected error you may indeed have a bad module, or it may be that the module is loosely attached. Try removing and reinserting the module while the panel is powered off, making sure it is firmly attached.

If you infrequently visit the site you may wish to have another module (different carrier, AT&T if you have Verizon, for example) at that time as well so you can test that in case other troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.

I would however still recommend trying the 2 minute power down and having us try the pathway commands first, as this can sometimes resolve these kind of issues if it is not the module hardware as the issue.

Thanks, Jason. I will order another module to take down with me next time, just in case.

Today, I was able to arrange for someone else to go to the property and power cycle the panel for me. I am seeing no difference on my end at present. The power cycle took place about 20 minutes ago. Could you please proceed with disabling dual path and resending some of the initial connection commands for dual path as you suggested.

Cellular pings are actually going through right now. The issue I was referencing with signaling appears to be resolved.

Tstats are still not updating or accepting commands on the app.

Alright, I’ve sent troubleshooting commands and your panel and module have acknowledged all of them quickly. Go ahead and test again when able.

If you still see an issue, unfortunately that is going to mean troubleshooting Z-wave. Potentially the panel is having trouble waking the device, since it was learned in without AC it is in power save mode.