TS1 Won't Pair With GC2

I purchased a TS1 kit (and found out the ‘E’ stands for ‘English’!) that had the TS1 and 900 MHz transmitter. I installed the transmitter but the TS1 won’t pair.

The TS1 panel shows a firmware version of 1.9x when it boots. I thought the latest version for the TS1 was 1.6. Could that be the problem?

So now I have to figure out if the XCVR module is bad (but all the sensors are working) or the TS1 is bad.

Or do you have another suggestion to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

The TS1 panel shows a firmware version of 1.9x when it boots. I thought the latest version for the TS1 was 1.6. Could that be the problem?

That is an old TS1. The latest version (compatible with 2GIG 1.19) is TS1 1.16.

The versioning can be a bit confusing, but 1.6 < 1.9 < 1.10 < 1.13 < 1.16

To work with your 1.19 2GIG GC2 it would need to be updated via update cable to 1.16. Do you have an update cable?

YES! So link me to TS1 V 1.16 and I’ll buy you a virtual beer.

So in the current vernacular we’d label the versions:

1.06 < 1.09 < 1.10 < 1.13 < 1.16

So noted.

Update: I found the TS1 1.16 firmware and the thread on updating it. So I’ll try it tomorrow and get back. Thanks!

Update 2: TS1 updated firmware to 1.16 and BINGO! Now it works.

You guys know your stuff. That’s why I’ve recommended you to three friends.

Have a good weekend Jason!

1 Like

Glad to hear you got that sorted and found the links. Sorry I hadn’t added them in the previous response. For anyone finding this, here are the 2GIG GC2 firmware links:

Click here for archived firmware files.

Click here for version 1.19.3.1

No sweat Jason. Wasn’t a problem finding them.

But for anyone else following this thread, I would also note that both the GC2 and TS1 firmware files are in that one zipped up folder that is downloaded. I didn’t catch that the first time around. The are clearly identified by product and version. You just have to make sure you flash the panel or the keypad with the correct one.

And Jason: FYI I’ve checked the LTE signal strength on the panel several times a day since the install and it’s been running green 19/31. But more interestingly, for several weeks prior to the upgrade I was getting modem connection failures three or four mornings a week. It always recovered quickly, but it was happening consistently.

After the upgrade? Nada! So perhaps Verizon was cutting back 3G service on our local tower.

Thanks again for your help.

After the upgrade? Nada! So perhaps Verizon was cutting back 3G service on our local tower.

This is very likely. Unfortunately a lot of areas will see some service impact prior to the official sunset so it is always good to take care of the upgrade whenever you start noticing signal troubles.