TS1 popping sound on arm/sometimes prompt Away arm despite Stay

Bought a new TS1 about a year ago. No problems pairing it or other daily functions even after 1.14 upgrade. But since day one I have had these two annoyances and just curious if anyone else has experienced them (that I can’t find in a forum search here):

1. If you click the mute button at night and then are quick to hit the Stay button, all of a sudden the TS1 blurts out “Arming away, exit now” and indeed it is doing the Away countdown. This happens intermittently every couple of weeks avg. (say 1 of 14 Stay attempts). What is frustrating is I invariably wake up a freaked kid or two at night while also scrambling to enter a disarm code. Never seen this happen on the main GC2 panel.

2. I hear the TS1 speaker make a long series of popping noises during any Stay or Away arming. Seems to coincide with the radio traffic arrows. Not loud enough to wake anyone, just annoying :wink: FYI - My TS1 is only about 20 ft from the GC2 thru one wall.

If you click the mute button at night and then are quick to hit the Stay button

So this actually requires a speedy transition from silent to arming? If you wait a moment does this ever happen?

I don’t recall this issue specifically previously. Is it actually arming away? Does the main GC2 panel show Away if you let the countdown complete?

I hear the TS1 speaker make a long series of popping noises during any Stay or Away arming. Seems to coincide with the radio traffic arrows.

Sounds like the speaker is indeed picking up RF signals here and there. This is difficult to resolve if the TS1 is mounted. Are you able to try re-orienting the TS1 at all or is it wall mounted?

So this actually requires a speedy transition from silent to arming? If you wait a moment does this ever happen? ... Is it actually arming away? Does the main GC2 panel show Away if you let the countdown complete?

Yes, if I conscientiously think to wait a few secs between Silent and Stay then I have yet to see it happen, only when the Stay is pushed immediately after Silent. It definitely starts a 60 sec Away countdown instead of my 120 sec Stay countdown, but not sure if it completes into a true Away state because it only happens at night when I don’t want to take the chance of letting it arm Away and set off the whole house.

Ok, so basically no one has reported this before.

Are you able to try re-orienting the TS1 at all or is it wall mounted?

It’s wall mounted by the front door. Just interesting that RF might actually make it into the speaker amp. Again, just an annoyance and apparently I’m lucky enough to have a temperamental TS1.

See if you can recreate the issue as a test, then let it arm. Check the main panel to verify whether the TS1 is matching what is actually happening. I’d be curious to see if it actually arms away.

If it only happens when you do it quickly, is it possible you are accidentally striking the screen with more force than usual or maybe pressing in between buttons, etc.? Resistive touchscreens on the TS1 and Go!Control can be pretty finicky about button presses. It may actually just be registering that “Away” was touched.

Can you try going to Menu - Toolbox - Master Code - Calibrate Touchscreen on the TS1?

I have the exact same issue. Started happening a couple of months ago and is sporadic. I havent had time to troubleshoot or report it.

I cannot recreate this at all on 1.14. Can you post a quick video of it occurring by chance? I’d like to see how the screen reacts to the button presses and be able to send it to 2GIG to look at.

I had this happen a few times previously, but I think the problem went away with the 1.14 firmware update. At least, as far as I can remember it hasn’t happened after the update.