Trying to setup rule for VMD to turn on light

I have two ADC-VC826 cameras and a few Z-wave light switches for outdoor lights. I am trying to setup a rule that when the camera detects motion, it turns on a light. However, the option isn’t there. If I create a new rule for lights, I can select one of the alarm sensors or my MyQ garage door opener, but not the camera.

In my old house, I had a SkyBell doorbell camera, and I could turn on lights with it detected motion.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a limitation of ADC-VC826?

Marc…

This rule cannot be created with Alarm.com compatible cameras at this time aside from the SkyBell HD.

I have taken the liberty and forwarded a request to Alarm.com regarding this functionality. Hopefully this will be available in the future.

I decided to “bump” this 3 year old conversation to the top of the list because I am having the same problem. I recently installed an ADC camera on my back patio and am trying to turn on the patio light when the camera detects motion. Has there been any progress on Alarm.com adding this functionality to the website?

I found the solution. It is now supported by alarm.com. A light(s) can be turned on when motion is detected by updating the Video Analytic Rule for the camera. The option to turn on lights is on the 2nd page of the video rule definition. I am sorry for bumping this 3 year old thread.

Yep, you can do so in video analytics rules now. These require a plan that supports analytics, like Protect or Complete.

No worries! That is good info to add to this thread for other readers.