Trying to cancel

I’ve emailed Surety support to cancel my service, but it was never canceled and I was billed again on April 22. The website (suretyhome.com) is displaying strangely in any web browser I use with very strange text and layout, almost like the website is not being maintained. Are you all still in operation or am I missing something? I also tried to cancel my service within the customer portal but when I click the cancel service button nothing happens (hence my email to support).

Can someone help me?

I’m sorry to hear of your frustration with this issue. What browser are you using? The Site is maintained and updated with regularity.

You should be able to log directly into your Surety account, click on the Subscriptions tab and then Cancel Service, to submit your cancellation request. Cancellations are typically handled this way for account verification purposes.

However, I can take care of that for you if you would like. What day would you like to schedule cancellation on?

Thanks for the quick reply, always had a good experience with Surety and hope to be back soon.

I’m using a modern computer running Windows 10 with Chrome v81.0.4044.122 (always up-to-date). I’ve also tried Internet Explorer to no avail. Suretyhomesecurity.com comes up with a “Sorry this site is not currently available.” I’ve uploaded a screenshot of what I’m seeing.

The cancel button is not working for me in the customer portal, so if you could cancel for me I would appreciate it. Effective the earliest date possible.

So I don’t know why but it works on Safari on my iPhone 8, so did it that way. Sorry for the trouble.

It looks like the HTML is loading but the CSS isn’t. It might help to do a force reload on the page or clear cache in the browser. Sorry about that. Rest assured that’s not how it looks to others. I think something old is cached in your computer, your router, or your ISP.

Since it works through my phone definitely something on my end with my laptop. Sorry for the trouble!

Hate to see u leave

I hope to be back soon! Nothing wrong with the service at Surety.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Let us know if you ever have any questions.

I’ll be cancelling my subscription soon as I’m moving and not taking equipment. Is there something that needs to be done to the panel to be ready for the new homeowner? A reset to default maybe?

If you default the panel, all sensors would be removed from programming and would need to be re-added. I would avoid doing that if you are leaving the sensors behind.

The homeowner needs at least one of the Installer or Dealer Codes to resuse the panel. You could just change the Installer and Master User codes to default, or give the current codes to the new homeowner, its up to you.

When canceling service (done via the Subscriptions tab of your Surety account) the Alarm.com account is deleted, so any rules, scenes, notifications are deleted but this does not have an impact on local panel programming.

1 Like