Transitioning from ADT to Surety

I want to get my friend off ADT and on to Surety. Her system is controlled by this ADT Command 5” Touchscreen:

Questions:

1. Is this system compatible with Surety/Alarm.com

2. Assuming it is not, are there Surety-compatible panels that may run on the same MHz so not as many sensors (i.e. door/window) don’t have to be switched out?

1. Is this system compatible with Surety/Alarm.com

No it is not. Compatible systems can be found here:

Assuming it is not, are there Surety-compatible panels that may run on the same MHz so not as many sensors (i.e. door/window) don’t have to be switched out?

I believe those use the 2.4Ghz SIX series sensors from Honeywell, which are not compatible with any Alarm.com compatible systems.

Like Tyler mentioned, the system would not be compatible, but regarding the sensors. ADT also does takeovers for existing legacy sensors using a translator in order to use them with their system, so if your friend had an old system before this one, you might want to check if they are legacy unencrypted sensors. If so, you might be able to get Qolsys Panel model compatible with those sensors. But, if it was a brand new system, then yes, most probably ADT installed the SIX encrypted sensors that Tyler mentioned that wouldn’t be compatible with any Alarm.com system.

If the current sensors are legacy 345MHz then either a 2GIG GC2e, 2GIG Edge, or one of the Qolsys brand IQ Panels with a 345MHz radio installed could be used.

I’m in a similar situation and am hoping someone can clarify. I recently purchased a similar panel from ADT and am interested in switching to Surety. This ADT command system is an alarm.com system. Shouldn’t the equipment be compatible with Surety since they’re both alarm.com systems?

No. The Command panel is a proprietary panel to ADT using their Control app. It is not an Alarm.com compatible panel which can be used by any dealer. They lock it to their service.

Gotcha, thanks the reply. Would the rest of the system work if we purchased a new panel compatible with Surety?

No, see above. The Command panel only uses Honeywell Six sensors to my knowledge. Those are only compatible with certain Honeywell panels, no system that is Alarm.com compatible.

If it has Z-wave automation devices like lights or locks, those may be able to be reused, or if the system is reusing wired sensors you could similarly reuse those wired sensors with a new compatible hardwire to wireless translator, but Honeywell Six sensor equipment installed with that Command panel will not work, nor would any secondary keypads.

Interesting. Even though I can access my whole system directly through alarm.com?

Yeah, the Command panel is proprietary to ADT, it is locked to them as a dealer, it is not available for sale through other dealers and cannot be activated on other accounts.

The sensors it uses, Honeywell Six sensors, do not work with any Alarm.com compatible panel we support. They are only compatible with Honeywell Total Connect panels and the Command panel as far as I am aware, but definitely not compatible with any panel we support.

The Command panel cannot be connected to our service.

The sensors cannot be used with a different system connected to our service.

I think it’s incompatible for business reasons not technical reasons. When you deal with a company as big as ADT they ask for concessions.

1 Like