Transfer from GC3 to GC3e

I recently purchased a GC3e to replace a failing GC3. I would like to transfer the programming from one to the other. I am a surety customer. Can you provide the steps to do this? Thank you.

Happy to assist! A backup can be run and passed to the new panel . This would only pass RF sensor programming and User codes. Z-Wave devices, Image Sensors, and Secondary panel programming cannot be backed up.

The steps for the backup restore process can be found below. Unfortunately, a backup was automatically attempted on 2/3 but it failed due to communication issues. Currently your system is not communicating.

If communication cannot be restored, then a backup cannot be run. All RF sensors would need to be reprogrammed manually.

If swapping from one GC3 to a new GC3e but using the same module, the restore process would be:

1. Run new backup or use existing backup
  • We can run a new one once your current panel begins signaling again.
  1. Ensure no sensors or devices are learned into the new GC3.
  2. Completely power down both panels, power supply then battery
  3. Remove module from old panel, install into new panel. Leave panel off.
  4. Let us know that you are ready for restoral process (leave panels off). We will send commands to begin the process and confirm via email
  5. Power up new panel with module installed (battery then power supply) leave old panel off.
  6. Wait about 20-30 minutes for all sensors/users to populate.

Z-Wave devices, secondary panels and image sensors are not able to be backed up and pushed. These would all be programmed into the new panel after the restore process has been completed.

There should be as little downtime as possible between us sending the restoral command step 5 and step 6 new panel power up.

Commands can be send during normal business hours, Monday through Friday but a backup will need to be attempted first.

To begin troubleshooting of cellular signaling:

• Disarm the System
  • Unplug the Power Supply from the wall
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  • Leave the panel completely off for at least 2 minutes
  • During this time, check the module
    • Make sure it is connected properly. Remove it, and re-insert it.
  • After 2 minutes minimum, plug in the battery and power supply
  • After boot up, wait 5 minutes and check signal strength

When working on your system, you may want to place your Monitoring Account on test mode to avoid false dispatches. This can be done via the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager feature of your Surety account or by calling operators directly at 855-348-0367

i have reconnected the old panel and did a successful cell test. can you try backup?

Backup has started. Please do not power down the panel, I will follow up shortly to confirm along with next steps

Backup was run although its showing that a Zone 15 water sensor was recently removed. Was that intentional?

If so and you are ready to swap panels and run a backup restore:

1. Completely disarm then power down both panels, power supply then internal battery
  2. Remove module from old panel, install into new panel. Leave panels off.
  3. Let us know that you are ready for restoral process (leave panels off). We will send commands to begin the process and confirm via email.

Do not have any sensors, Z-Wave devices, or peripherals learned into the new GC3e either. It must have no devices learned into it, otherwise the restoral can fail.

ok everything is off.

the water sensor was removed as it kept going off (it’s new)…will retry it once i get the new panel up

Restoral Commands have been sent at this time. Please power up the new GC3e (with old module installed) and leave the old panel off.

After boot up, wait 20-30 minutes for restoral commands to complete. During this time do not access programming or send commands to arm/disarm, just wait for the process to complete.

The panel may reboot on its own, signfying the restoral process is complete.

At that point, run a cell test to ensure panel communication.

Any RF sensors , Z-Wave devices etc. can be programmed into the GC3e afterwards. Programming guides can be found below:

seems like it’s all up and working, thanks for the assistance.

Happy to help! Just let us know if you have any questions.