Transfer existing NX8 alarm.com to Surety

Hello,

I have an interlogix nx8 panel active on an alarm.com account with a local provider from my builder and I want to switch to Surety. I’m not in a contract. A few questions:

1. I’m being told I need to upgrade my cellular module from 3G to 4G LTE. Surety doesn’t sell the model I need. However, if I buy and install either an ATT or Verizon module and install myself, can Surety take that over?
  2. Will all my settings on alarm.com and the app stay the same? I have about 20 named zones setup (windows, doors, etc.), routines, users, etc. Will I need to redo them or will my alarm.com account just be migrated to managed by Surety?

Thanks.

Hi, happy to help!

I’m going to answer these two questions in reverse:

Will all my settings on alarm.com and the app stay the same? I have about 20 named zones setup (windows, doors, etc.), routines, users, etc. Will I need to redo them or will my alarm.com account just be migrated to managed by Surety?

Typically, buying a subscription from us and running through the setup steps in our website creates a brand new Alarm.com account. It requires an unregistered 4G Alarm.com module.

If you are moving from an existing system, this would mean that you would need to recreate users, notifications, and automation rules in Alarm.com. Your panel programming wouldn’t be affected. Sensor zones would remain the same on your panel.

That said, there is a transfer process available which would migrate your existing Alarm.com account to Surety. The caveat there is that it requires your current dealer to agree to the transfer and some do not support this. Note that a transfer can take a few business days to complete once the current dealer initiates the transfer.

If you would like to try to transfer, be sure to check with your Alarm.com provider to see if they would support a transfer and let us know! I can provide instruction on how to get started.

I’m being told I need to upgrade my cellular module from 3G to 4G LTE. Surety doesn’t sell the model I need. However, if I buy and install either an ATT or Verizon module and install myself, can Surety take that over?

Correct. By the end of 2022 3G cell modules will no longer be able to function, and there may be areas where signaling is impacted leading up to that date.

Because of the impending sunset date, Alarm.com has disallowed new 3G module activation since June 2019. Accounts cannot be created with 3G modules, so a 4G module would be needed.

Currently, if you are looking to transfer per above suggestion, you should still be able to transfer with your existing module.

This wouldn’t change the eventual need for a 4G module, and a 4G module will have better quality signaling anyway so I strongly urge replacing it sooner than later. But you could do that through our System Manager some time after completing the transfer if that’s the route you want to go.

Thank you for this information. Yes, I would like to attempt a transfer first, please let me know what I need to ask and inform my current provider.

Certainly. I would first check with your provider and ask them if they will transfer your Alarm.com account to another dealer.

If they confirm that they will, please go ahead and purchase your chosen service plan you want to use, then send us a private message indicating you wish to transfer.

We will reply with a unique transfer pin your dealer can use to start the transfer in Alarm.com to Surety.

After it is started, the transfer can take a few business days for ADC to approve and complete. We would then confirm via email when complete.

1 Like

Hello, my local provided did not support transfer, so I purchased an NX-411-US-AT dual path module and I’m ready to setup with Surety. I put the IMEI in and it cleared, so I’m ready to start the Surety Alarm plan.

2 questions:
1.) This is a dual-path communicator, does Surety support ethernet in addition to the cellular?

2.) Question on plan billing. Example: I click to order the plan today, 10th of month. The auto-bill policy states that the recurring charge will occur 10 days in advance of the due date. Due date is determined based on when the system is activated. Seeing that I’m a new customer and will need a new ADC account setup, etc., what is considered the activation date? If it’s the day I submit my order for the plan, that would be the 10th, and then I would be charged on the 1st day of the month going forward. I’m trying to get at what date my credit card be charged going forward? If I have a preference, say the 15th of the month, would I need to activate/submit my order on the 25th then?

This is a dual-path communicator, does Surety support ethernet in addition to the cellular?

Yes, if you have a Dual path compatible panel/module, both cellular and broadband signaling would be supported. (broadband is concurrent backup)

Seeing that I’m a new customer and will need a new ADC account setup, etc., what is considered the activation date? If it’s the day I submit my order for the plan, that would be the 10th, and then I would be charged on the 1st day of the month going forward. I’m trying to get at what date my credit card be charged going forward? If I have a preference, say the 15th of the month, would I need to activate/submit my order on the 25th then?

Activation is considered to be the date that you complete the setup of your Alarm.com account by submitting your account details in our website. This occurs after the purchase of your desired subscription.

If you buy service and then activate your account later, we will adjust your payment dates based on when you activated. This is when your billing period begins. (This is described after your purchase as well on our website)

By default we run auto-payments 10 days in advance so you have reaction time for failed payments, but if you want to request a specific day for it to be run it can be adjusted to any time prior to the due date. Just send us a private message to request a change.