Thinking about buying surety. A few questions

Hello! Been a simplisafe user for a few years now but moving to a bigger house and getting tired of simplisafe sensors “not responding”. Alarm.com app seems like a better version with more integrations. I have a few random questions:

1. My new house is 3 stories, about 4500 sq ft. Anything I should watch out for regarding range? It seems like sensors only communicate with the main IQ pad, so I should put the someplace central I presume. Any way to extend range if I need? I’m looking at PowerG which seems better for this stuff.

2. It is a new house and is actually “prewired” for a security install. Does this matter? From my understanding, these sensors all communicate to the main IQ pad wirelessly and most have batteries as well (IQ pad needs an outlet it seems?). Just wondering if there is any reason to leverage the fact that my house claims to be “prewired”. I don’t really know much more than that though, so if it’s not easy via Surety, seems like I’ll just bypass the wiring?

3. I see Surety is out of stock for deadbolt locks with keypads. Is there any reason I couldn’t buy these elsewhere and integrate them in my Surety alarm.com system?

Thanks!

Any way to extend range if I need? I’m looking at PowerG which seems better for this stuff.

PowerG’s natural range is going to likely be fine. Impeding walls and materials will shorten range, but it is about 4-5 times the expected range of other sensor RF types.

That said, if necessary yes there is a PowerG repeater PG9920. It likely would not be necessary though.

Just wondering if there is any reason to leverage the fact that my house claims to be “prewired”.

Yes, you can use wired sensors along with a Wired to Wireless translator like the one below. Wired sensors are cheaper, and if pre-installed you can save a lot of money depending how many sensors it is.

Is there any reason I couldn’t buy these elsewhere and integrate them in my Surety alarm.com system?

You can buy compatible equipment from any vendor and use it with our service. There is no obligation whatsoever to purchase from us. You just need to make sure they are compatible. This page lists Alarm.com supported models of various devices.