Thermostats ADC or ?, scheme comments?

I have a new house with 2 HVAC (gas/split ACs) 4 thermostats, OE stat is Honeywell Builder Pro line basic independent programmable (with powered C wire). I a DIY guy and reasonably handy in HVAC stuffs as Engineer-ChE)

3 stats for upstairs HVAC, zoned [(1)Master, (1)Master Bath, (1) "other Bedrooms) (stat at one bedroom’s entry as proxy for all beds)]

1 stat in first floor hall for 2nd HVAC, mostly a “open plan” great room-balcony above first floor area, and nice finished basement with my office, bar and man-cave area (not HVAC zoned—ugh). I will probably seasonally adjust floor-ceiling registers manually a bit…

Concord 4 panel in ADC service with SuretyDIY

Any reason not to use the ADC-branded stats (and temp sensor(s))?
I will be using ADC scenes and assume they work well within ADC for ADC stats.
I like WAF(wife acceptance factor!) of the integrated ADC app/ecosystem.

So i am thinking reasonable possibilities are:

• ADC stats
  • Nest E (Wi-Fi & known backend ADC integration)
  • Honeywell (or other TBD) Z-Wave/WiFi-based units that have good ADC integration.

Without ADC, I assume the ADC stats are very basic indeed, and have almost no added functionality.
ADC temp sensor(s) may prove to compensate for no basement zone a bit too. Or at least tell me wassup in an another space if change setting to favor another room.

3rd party Z-wave stats might work with more functionality independently of ADC I suppose, but would they integrate to ADC ecosystems effectively?
ADC stat costs seem in-line.

Nest E’s now sorta closer in price, and not z-wave based, but is that a forced marriage(i.e nest is a HUGE brand now) into ADC ecosystems via back-end with less functionality than ADC units…

Any thoughts based on above?

Any reason *not* to use the ADC-branded stats (and temp sensor(s))?

On a Concord 4 the Temp Sensors require at least firmware 181. That doesn’t look to be an issue in this case, but for all readers be sure to verify the firmware on your module. You can check the firmware via the info on this page.

Without ADC, I assume the ADC stats are very basic indeed, and have almost no added functionality. ADC temp sensor(s) may prove to compensate for no basement zone a bit too. Or at least tell me wassup in an another space if change setting to favor another room.

Yes, Alarm.com Smart Thermostats are designed for ADC and lose a lot of functionality without an account.

Yes, the RTS can be used with the T2000 to average temps or to just provide detail into the temp of separate rooms.

3rd party Z-wave stats might work with more functionality independently of ADC I suppose, but would they integrate to ADC ecosystems effectively?

Generally yes, you’ll get more functionality out of a 3rd party out of ADC, but less within. The ADC RTS only can be linked to the T2000 for temp averaging, humidity control is available with newer T2000s, etc.

For most other features though, there is not a lot of functionality difference between a compatible 3rd party Z-wave Tstat and the T2000.

Nest E’s now sorta closer in price, and not z-wave based, but is that a forced marriage(i.e nest is a HUGE brand now) into ADC ecosystems via back-end with less functionality than ADC units…

NEST is compatible, but only basic functions. Compatible features:

Current target temperature control
Current mode control (Heat, Cool)
Temperature notifications

The following available with Z-wave options are not available with the NEST:

Integrated remote temperature sensing
Thermostat and fan schedules
Smart away setback
Sensor left open setback
Extreme temperature setback
Fire safety shut-off