Thermostat Question

I have Alarm.com through a different provider (wish I had found out about you guys first… I will definitely switch over once my contract is up.

I have a quick thermostat question. I installed 2 zwave thermostats, GC-TBZ48. (We have a 2GIG Go Control panel.) On the downstairs thermostat, there is no option in the Alarm.com interface for “auto” heat/cool mode, just “heat” “cool” or “off.” The upstairs thermostat has the “auto” option.

Any thoughts on why this might be occurring? Also, If I unpair the downstairs thermostat and try adding it back again, will my dealer need to re-enable this on the dealer site, or will it automatically appear in my devices? (Empower lights, locks and thermostats have been enabled, but I don’t know if they need to be “manually” added each time a new device is added or removed.)

Thanks!

Happy to help! For reference in the future, this page goes over everything you might need to get started with us!

Any thoughts on why this might be occurring?

In regard to the thermostats, what are the two set points of the downstairs thermostat? This would be the temp set point of both heat and cool mode.

Also, If I unpair the downstairs thermostat and try adding it back again, will my dealer need to re-enable this on the dealer site, or will it automatically appear in my devices?

We cannot say with any certainty whether your provider has any special processes they follow, but in general in the ADC back-end if you have thermostats enabled and you add a Z-wave thermostat to your panel, as soon as your panel reports that Z-wave device data to ADC it will automatically populate.

Sometimes there is a delay, and your dealer would have the ability to request an updated equipment list from your panel to speed it up, but otherwise the process is automatic.

Hi Jason, thanks for the reply. Good news, I removed the thermostat from the system and added it again. “Auto” functionality is now appearing in the portal. There must have been a bug when originally adding the node. Also good to know that I can easily add and remove Zwave devices without having to involve my alarm company who isn’t very motivated to provide end-user support for things like zwave, especially when the end user figures out the installer code and adds devices to the system themselves. :slight_smile: