Thermostat Left Open Restoral

I have 3 ADC T2000 thermostats connected to a 2gig panel. They’ve worked without issues since I installed them a few months ago but I ran into a problem last night/this morning. I opened a window for about 30 minutes last night and the sensor left open alert was triggered to shut off the heat. However, it was very cold in the house this morning and looking at the alert history it appears the Sensor Left Open Restoral didn’t work correctly so the heat was never restored.

The last time I left a sensor open I saw these events in the alerts:

Downstairs Thermostat Sensor Left Open Thermostat Restoral 10:25 am, Jan-30-2016
Living Room Thermostat Sensor Left Open Thermostat Restoral 10:25 am, Jan-30-2016
Upstairs Thermostat Sensor Left Open Thermostat Restoral 10:25 am, Jan-30-2016
Downstairs Office Window Back Sensor-Left-Open Restoral 10:25 am, Jan-30-2016
Downstairs Office Window Back Closed 10:25 am, Jan-30-2016

However this time, I don’t see the Sensor Left Open Thermostat Restoral events:

Downstairs Office Window Back Sensor-Left-Open Restoral 7:41 pm, Feb-1-2016
Downstairs Office Window Back Closed 7:41 pm, Feb-1-2016

Any thoughts on what may have caused this?

it happens. If you haven’t learned by now, there are many unfixed bugs with the T2000, and ADC doesn’t appear in any hurry to fix them

There is actually already a thread on this issue , here:

I am still waiting for a fix for the extreme temperature energy savings rule bug, and a fix for the circulation fan mode in Heat/cool (which doesn’t actually work)

Quoted from Jason @Surety

As far as circulate goes, Alarm.com indicated it was known to not function as expected and not resolved quite yet. I’ll follow up with the Empower team specifically and see if I can get an ETA.

Apparently, there is currently no ETA fix for any of the known bugs.

We have seen this before. I will push this to ADC again and have their empower team look into the history.

Thanks. It’s worked as expected in the past but I turned that feature off for now.

The problem with some of these bugs, is they don’t affect everyone all the time. It just works, then one day, it just doesn’t.

If anyone has any instance of this occurring, where the sensor left open restores but the corresponding temperature setback does not, please post. I’ve spoken with ADC emPower folks and they will be testing/trying to recreate.

Additional data will assist in speeding resolution.

If anyone has any instance of this occurring, where the sensor left open restores but the corresponding temperature setback does not, please post

malba2366, and I also reported same issue (but I haven’t noticed the bug lately)

I have your post and information, thank you, but we will want more specific times when this occurred on any accounts where it happens, and I can only really use data from suretyDIY subscribers, specifically, for this purpose (need to be able to view history) though we welcome anyone to post.

Given the nature of the issue, it will be very difficult to replicate. Therefore the more that is posted, the easier it will be to get resolved.