The serial number you entered corresponds to a LiftMaster MyQ Gateway that is already registered on an Alarm.com account

I’m currently transitioning from another alarm.com security provider to Surety. I called them and requested the remove my MyQ devices so I could re-register it with the MyQ app (or at least that’s what I said). My garage doors are no longer showing up in my old alarm.com account, but when I attempt to register with my Surety alarm.com account I get the following error:

The serial number you entered corresponds to a LiftMaster MyQ Gateway that is already registered on an Alarm.com account.

Do I need to wait for a period of time? Is there something else I need to do?

There is usually no delay. It is possible that they may have removed the doors but not the gateway, these are listed separately in your device list in the dealer view.

I would double check to make sure that they delete the gateway.

thanks Jason. I’m on another long hold with them to have them check again.

Any luck?

thanks for checking in. I just got finished adding the gateway and garage doors into the new account (and setting up some rules). All looks good now and I think you were right, they removed the doors, but not the gateway.

I am concerned I will have a similar problem when I switch over. But they said they will just cancel my alarm.com account. Will that release the garage door in addition to the panel?

Yes, cancellation of the Alarm.com account would unregister any associated devices.