Testing install

Just finished installing my system. I got the iq panel 4 and the PG9WLSHW8 to support my wired zones. Having just finished the install, I wanted to test everything to make sure it’s all working correctly.

No issues in “status” on the panel except the pesky “tamper” on the PG9WLSHW8.

Testing the door sensors are easy - just open/close the door. Any idea how to test the motions, glass breaks, and smoke detectors? Want to make sure they are all programmed correctly (for example, I didn’t do anything in the settings for PGM2 for the smoke, but I’m not getting any errors reported either).

Thanks!

I’m not showing an active Surety subscription tied to this username. If you do not have service through Surety, you will want to reach out to your service provider to ensure you have everything programmed correctly and that it is reporting as desired.

Passing through the motion sensor’s field of view should trigger it and it should report activity at the panel . The sensor may have an LED indicator as well depending on the model in use.

For Glass breaks you can usually find a variety of sound files online to simulate the sound of glass breaking. Or a FG-701 Glassbreak Simulator can be obtained.

When testing smokes, using the test button typically only tells you that the devices is powered on and signal is being sent to the panel. Canned smoke is recommended to simulate a real scenario.

IF you have 24/7 professional monitoring with a monitoring station, always make sure your account is on Test Mode to avoid false dispatches.

Hi Tyler,

Sorry I created an account here before signing up for services so now I have 2 accounts. The user name the account is registered to is beej2101.

You mentioned I should reach out to my service provider to ensure everything is programmed correct - how do I do that with you guys?

Also - trying to figure out how to put my system in test mode so I can test these sensors with the instructions you gave.

Thanks!

You mentioned I should reach out to my service provider to ensure everything is programmed correct - how do I do that with you guys?

When looking for account specific information, you will want to reach out via the Surety login associated with your active account. You can reach out via Private Message if you are requesting or sending personal information, or if you want to keep information off the public forum

trying to figure out how to put my system in test mode so I can test these sensors with the instructions you gave…

If using 24/7 professional monitoring through Surety, you can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

Additional testing information can be found here