Temporary user code still working on lock

Have z-wave front door device which is working properly. I added a user during our vacation time and the user code added fine. We are now home and I disabled lock access to the user, however the deadbolt still unlocks with that code. I have now deleted the user and not just removed lock feature, the code still works. Please advise.

The most likely issue at play is a communication interruption. Will the device add another code? Can you remotely lock and unlock using the ADC app? If there are issues handling these commands it is possible that communication is not strong enough.

Questions to ask:
How far is the door from the zwave controller (2GIG control panel)?
How many locks are being controlled?
Are there AC powered repeating nodes in the network as well (such as in wall or plug in lighting), or just the lock?

A repeater may be necessary if signalling is not consistent.

If this is not the case, and other signals are going through repeatedly and uninterrupted, try adding and deleting the same code.

A shot in the dark: what model of lock are you using? If it is a model with 5 buttons instead of 10, be certain that another code isn’t using the same button press combination. (such as 1735 and 2836)

…Answers inline.

The most likely issue at play is a communication interruption. Will the device add another code? Can you remotely lock and unlock using the ADC app? If there are issues handling these commands it is possible that communication is not strong enough. # I can remotely lock/unlock using website/app. The communication is fine. I have not tried adding/removing other codes.

Questions to ask:
How far is the door from the zwave controller (2GIG control panel)? # 10 feet
How many locks are being controlled? # 1 master deadbolt
Are there AC powered repeating nodes in the network as well (such as in wall or plug in lighting), or just the lock? # Just the lock

A repeater may be necessary if signalling is not consistent.

If this is not the case, and other signals are going through repeatedly and uninterrupted, try adding and deleting the same code.

A shot in the dark: what model of lock are you using? If it is a model with 5 buttons instead of 10, be certain that another code isn’t using the same button press combination. (such as 1735 and 2836) # Schlage touchscreen z-wave.

I added another user/code. It updated and also removed the old code that was the one in question. I went through a full cycle through all users and things are working now. Are these changes immediate from the website or is there a sync that occurs?

Update: Working now, I am just going to assume that these changes are not immediate. Thanks!

I added multiple users and received email notifications about the changes, however the new codes do not work. This is similar to what I saw earlier. Thoughts?

How long did you wait between creating the users and trying the codes?