I have a carbon monoxide detector that had a dead battery. Is there any way to temporarily disable it in the panel so it won’t continue to beep every few minutes? I’m not opposed to removing and re-adding if you had instructions for that too.
Which Alarm Panel are you using?
You can enter installer programming and remove the sensor if it cannot be addressed for some time.
However, to temporarily stop the beeps on the panel, you can acknowledge the alert. If using a 2GIG panel, press the home button, Security, and then the flashing trouble icon. Press OK to acknowledge the alert.
If you are using Qolsys, press the Status button, navigate to Alerts, and check the box next to acknowledge. Press OK.
I suggest you simply replace the battery.
2GIG uses a 3V CR123A lithium which can be purchased for like $10 at CVS, Walgreens, best buy, lowes, etc.
Qolsys for Resolution CO (RE113) uses 3 AA batteries (do not be confused by “LR6”, that just means alkaline AA)
We’re actually probably going to decommission the system in preparation to knock down the house. I’ll check for documentation to remove the sensor so it doesn’t bug everyone while trying to move out. Sorry, I have a 2GIG panel.
This video may be of use then-
We’re actually probably going to decommission the system in preparation to knock down the house
Remove batteries from sensors and panel, disconnect AC transformer. No power, no batteries, no noise.
If you plan to decommission the system and tear down the home, then just remove the sensors and the panel. I wouldn’t even waste the time removing the sensors from programming