Temperature Sensors

Any idea why the Alarm.com RTS keeps losing contact with the T3000 thermostat? I can’t see that the T3000 is officially supported by Qolsys yet. Could that be the reason? Thank you.

I wanted to ask about the ADC-S2000-T-RA as well. I have 2 ADC t3000s that seem to have issues with their temp sensors. I am thinking to try to remedy it with remote sensors. I have the newer ADC panel. Anyone else have experience with them? I want to use them as the operative temp sensors instead of the internal ones.

Sorry. By “newer ADC panel”, I mean the 2Gig GC3 panel.

Any idea why the Alarm.com RTS keeps losing contact with the T3000 thermostat? I can’t see that the T3000 is officially supported by Qolsys yet. Could that be the reason? Thank you.

I’m not aware of any current limitations, and the RTS is mentioned in documentation as compatible. If the T3000 was added after the RTS or they were previously used with a T2000, you may need to delete the RTS units and re-add them.

The remote temp sensors should be added last after your repeaters and Tstats are in place. This is because they are learned in via NWI (network wide inclusion) and map transmission routes when learned in. They do not participate in network rediscoveries, so later changes to the network, especially removal/changes to repeating devices they previously communicated with can affect performance.

Try deleting the RTS units and re-add them. Any luck?

I have the newer ADC panel. Anyone else have experience with them? I want to use them as the operative temp sensors instead of the internal ones.

What model of panel would you be adding these to? ADC does not manufacture Alarm panels. Most will be compatible with the RTS but there are often firmware requirements.

With Remote temp sensors, you can select to average temps across all inputs or select the operative temp sensor which will drive the Tstat operation.

If you wouldn’t mind elaborating, what problems are you noticing with the T3000 temp readings?

Sorry. By “newer ADC panel”, I mean the 2Gig GC3 panel.

Ah, great this answers one of my questions above already. Yes, you should be fine using the RTS. Needs panel firmware 3.2.0 or later.

The temp readings from my T3000 seem to be way off and somewhat inconsistent over time. For instance, if it is 70 in the room with the tst, the tst may read 75 and trigger the a/c. This seems to have gotten worse over the last several months. That is, I noticed the discrepancy when the tst was installed, but the discrepancy was perhaps a degree or 2, now (several months later) it seems to be closer to 5 degrees and is more of an issue. The tst’s seems to work fine otherwise.

Is the tstat installed near the kitchen? or is it on an adjoining wall with major appliances? Any direct sunlight on it?

Are both Tstats off by the same amount?

It is not in the kitchen or adjacent to any appliances. There is a cabinet above it with a light. I have tried keeping the light off, but that seems to make no difference. It is in the same place as the previous tst, which was, I believe, a ct100. I never had a problem with it. The degrees of temp also seem farther apart, which seems very strange. What I mean is that 76 feels like 76 or 77, but 74 feels like 69 or 70. It is odd. The other t3000 just seems about 2 degrees off consistently. I really don’t want to uninstall them to send back if I can make a workaround with the remote sensors.

What I mean is that 76 feels like 76 or 77, but 74 feels like 69 or 70. It is odd. The other t3000 just seems about 2 degrees off consistently. I really don’t want to uninstall them to send back if I can make a workaround with the remote sensors.

Are you going by feel alone regarding the actual temperature? Or do you have a separate device with an indoor temp reading that is expected to be accurate?