T3000 installation

My current alarm company installed a T3000 thermostat. I have one Red wire, one Green, one Blue, one White, and one Yellow. The tech put the Red wire on the RC terminal, but the User Guide says “If you have R, connect it to RH”. He said this is what Alarm.com instructed them to do. Which is correct?
I also saw in a different but related question in this forum about the T3000 from March 2020 about a wiring detection issue that the questioner was advised that since he only had an R wire (and no RC) on his old thermostat that he still needed a jumper between the RH and RC terminals on the T3000. (I also had a jumper between these two terminals on my old thermostat, but I don’t know which terminal the Red wire was attached to.)

This appears to be related to this thread.

The short answer is follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Always defer to the instructions included by the manufacturer.

The T3000 has more advanced terminals, and uses digital relays, but they are very sensitive to variation.

Typically, you should just connect it to RH. The installer would need to select the proper RH/RC input setting in the Tstat config. You don’t need a physical jumper. The T3000 creates a digital jumper between RC and RH depending on settings.

If you have Alarm.com service through Surety we could double check the settings for you, but if you use another provider, please contact your provider to double check that the thermostat is configured properly.

I’ve attached a picture showing my wiring for the T3000 which works great and includes the triggering of the display with the motion sensor feature. I put a jumper between RC and RH. Hope this helps.

Forgot to add another picture, with the jumper the RC and RH is recognized.