T2000 Compressor Delay

I’ve noticed that one of my T2000 thermostats (one for Master Bedroom) is not honoring the compressor delay setting. It seems to turn my AC back on within about 2-3 minutes, but I’ve set the delay to 8 minutes.

I’ve tried using the link on the website to force resending settings to thermostat, but it does not look to have helped.

An update: I just pulled it off the wall and also removed the batteries to try and power cycle it. On turning back on, the display temperature shows 70 but it’s transmitting over zwave that it’s 74 degrees (which is accurate). However, it won’t turn the AC on - I think it’s going based on its display temperature only.

I’ve tried power cycling it a few more times with the same result.

I think a factory reset is the next step here.

Delete the thermostat from the Z-wave network, then reset:

Put the thermostat into Off mode.
Once in Off mode, press and hold the up arrow until a version displays.
Once the version displays, press and hold the down arrow on the thermostat until RST displays on the thermostat.
When RST clears from the thermostat display, the thermostat is reset to factory default configurations.

Then add the thermostat back to the panel. Any change?

No change. And in fact I realized another thermostat I have is doing the same thing. If it matters, the firmware is version 1.2. I don’t think I’ve noticed this happening with third one on version 1.6.

I’ve also noticed the timeout is around 2-3 minutes which corresponds to the fail safe on my HVAC zone panel - so it seems as though the thermostats themselves aren’t doing anything let alone the default 5 minute compressor delay.

Are you able to pull the zwave settings directly from the thermostat to see if the values are even being recorded?

No change. And in fact I realized another thermostat I have is doing the same thing. If it matters, the firmware is version 1.2. I don’t think I’ve noticed this happening with third one on version 1.6.

Im seeing 4 T2000s. Are only 2 of them exhibiting this issue?

so it seems as though the thermostats themselves aren’t doing anything let alone the default 5 minute compressor delay.

To confirm, those two T2000 TSTATs are not following any delay, but still follow schedules or other remote commands, correct?

I’ve noticed that one of my T2000 thermostats (one for Master Bedroom) is not honoring the compressor delay setting.

how long has this been going on?

I have sent some commands to resync Z-Wave devices, wait about 5-10 minutes. Afterwards, if you havent since removing and re-adding the T2000(s) run a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery as well.

Are you able to pull the zwave settings directly from the thermostat to see if the values are even being recorded?

I do not believe so but I am looking into this.