T-Stat Temperature Not Accurate

Over the past month or two my CT100 has been jumping up 2° from what it is set at. For example, I have it currently set at 71° during the day and 73° at night. I seem to have to bring it back down to 71° manually during the day but it will automatically go to 73° at night when it’s supposed to.

I double-checked and I don’t have the temperature extreme rule on either. This doesn’t happen every day, but I notice it’s happening more often lately. Batteries are at 89%.

pic
pic

A possibility is that the Tstat is not changing its schedule set point when it is supposed to drop to 71, instead staying at 73.

Do you notice the Tstat changing only to be different later within the same schedule period? Or do you just notice it not changing after the overnight period?

I’ve noticed the change to 73 after 11pm whenever I remember to check. It’s the change back to 71 that isn’t happening for some reason.

This is the forecast from the ADC page. Maybe the weather is considered extreme and that rule is kicking in even though it’s not supposed to.

Maybe the weather is considered extreme and that rule is kicking in even though it’s not supposed to.

Extreme Temperature overrides must be configured on the account and would go off your chosen temperature settings. (the default is 90/10) This is almost certainly not the case.

It’s the change back to 71 that isn’t happening for some reason.

Do you ever see the Tstat switch to 71, then switch to 73 before the next scheduled change or does it simply not change from 73 to 71? When did you start noticing this? (regardless of frequency)

Do you have the C-wire connected in the Tstat? It is reporting having been learned in on battery only, which can heavily affect Z-wave performance depending on the network complexity.

Also, have you tried editing and resaving that schedule in Alarm.com? This will resend the info to your system.

Do you ever see the Tstat switch to 71, then switch to 73 before the next scheduled change or does it simply not change from 73 to 71?

Just doesn’t change to 71 from 73 at the chosen time.

When did you start noticing this? (regardless of frequency)

About 2 months ago. I don’t recall any network or equipment changes happening.

Do you have the C-wire connected in the Tstat? It is reporting having been learned in on battery only, which can heavily affect Z-wave performance depending on the network complexity.

No C-wire, battery only. That’s the way the home’s other t-stat was, so there is no C-wire running from the furnace at all.

Also, have you tried editing and resaving that schedule in Alarm.com? This will resend the info to your system.

I’ll try this now and see if it makes any difference. Probably report back tomorrow morning sometime. Thanks.

I stayed up past 11pm to see what the thermostat was going to do. That’s when it’s supposed to go into ‘sleep’ temperature mode.

I purposely didn’t change it from 73 to 71 yesterday so it stayed at 73 all day. When it was time to change to 73° (should have been no change actually this time since it was already at 73°), it went to 75° instead.

So, for some reason the temperatures I put in are increased by 2°.

What think you?

Hmm, that’s strange, but there is one thing in the settings that would do that.

Can you disable your Sensor Left open energy saver rule? Let’s see how the t-stat operates with that disabled.

The rule is set up it appears to trim 2 degrees when active, and I do see a couple days ago one of the sensors that triggers it was left open. I wonder if the T-stat just did not get the restoral.

Ok, I disabled the sensor left open rule. I’ve got the thermostat set at 71, let’s see if she goes to 73 then back to 71 in the morning.

Funny…I disabled the entire schedule for two days and it still switches temperatures, but from 71 to 73 instead of 73 to 75!

I think I have a tool for just this kind of problem.

Try resetting the tstat. Mine did some junky stuff like that, and resetting fixed the issue (on T2000).