System Enhancement Module and Alarm.com

Hi! I was wondering if you guys supported the system enhancement module? I currently have a GE Concord 4 system and I only switched to GE since Honeywell didn’t have any option for alarm.com. So now I’m definitely wanting to switch back to a Honeywell vista panel. In something I read online, it said that the SEM doesn’t work with vista panels that have keypads like the tuxedo touch hooked up to them? Is that true? If so why? And also when might that be updated (the thing I read also said that it will revive OTA update to support tuxedo touches so I was wondering when). Lastly could you tell me just a tiny bit about your central station monitoring? I have a self monitored system right now but I’m thinking of adding professional monitoring on.

Another little thing I was wondering, very small/not important thing, are the parts of the app and the website for alarm.com customizable where the surety logo is? On previews of the app on alarm.com at the top of the app it says “The Smith home” instead. Just wondering if displaying our system name at the top is possible?
Thanks again!

I was wondering if you guys supported the system enhancement module?

We do not yet, but I know it is being vetted and support is in the works. I would expect pretty soon.

So now I’m definitely wanting to switch back to a Honeywell vista panel

Out of curiosity, what makes you want to use the Vista over the existing Concord? Have you used Honeywell primarily in the past? Is there an issue with the Concord?

In something I read online, it said that the SEM doesn’t work with vista panels that have keypads like the tuxedo touch hooked up to them? Is that true? If so why? And also when might that be updated (the thing I read also said that it will revive OTA update to support tuxedo touches so I was wondering when)

Not aware of that. From the manual:

“The SEM is compatible with AUI devices, including the 6280, Tuxedo Touch,
and other touchscreen keypads. Arming, disarming, panics, and alarms
initiated on these keypads will be processed by Alarm.com and reported to
the central station. However, the following activity will not be processed by
Alarm.com unless the keypad is used in Console Mode.
• User code changes
• Changing the Installer Code via Quick Programming mode
• Bypassing open sensors
• The specific user that armed or disarmed the system
Please note that the SEM supports Z-Wave automation via Alarm.com
only. This means that users using the Tuxedo Touch to control their
Z-Wave devices will need to choose whether to continue using the Tuxedo
Touch for Z-Wave automation, or whether to switch to Alarm.com
(e.g. automation control via Website, App, and intelligent
automation rules)”

Unless the Alarm.com Installation Manual and Setup Wizard have jumped the gun, it should be compatible now with systems using touchscreen keypads like the Tuxedo Touch.

Lastly could you tell me just a tiny bit about your central station monitoring?

Info on our Central Station Monitoring can be found here. Our Central Monitoring Station, Monitoring America, is a UL Listed, CSAA 5 Diamond, IQ Certified central station.

Another little thing I was wondering, very small/not important thing, are the parts of the app and the website for alarm.com customizable where the surety logo is?

Unfortunately that is not customizable, no. Tapping on the settings button will bring up the system description, letting you see which account you are currently logged into.

Thanks for the reply! I mainly like the Honeywell panels because of the tuxedo touch. No other traditional alarm panel that I know of offers a keypad like the tuxedo because it has the automation features on the keypad there locally. For the AUI part, I think I must have misread that! Do you have any time frame, months/weeks, that the SEM will be supported? I’d love to get switched to it as soon as possible since I just ordered it along with all the Honeywell stuff I need! The last thing I was wondering about is if you think in the future you could view alarm.com cameras from the tuxedo’s camera portal? I wouldn’t be surprised since they allow you to view non Honeywell/total connect cameras on the tuxedo as long as they are IP enabled (and compatible)!

Do you have any time frame, months/weeks, that the SEM will be supported? I’d love to get switched to it as soon as possible since I just ordered it along with all the Honeywell stuff I need!

Unfortunately we could not say exactly when support would go live. I would say though, it would be measured in weeks, not months. Technically, that would be more relevant for new system orders, if you already have a subscription with suretyDIY that you are just switching to the SEM, customer service could assist. Send an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com and our team can help with a swap. You’ll need the current installer code for your system.

The last thing I was wondering about is if you think in the future you could view alarm.com cameras from the tuxedo’s camera portal?

I cannot rule out anything, but this would be unlikely I would think. It would require firmware support on the Tuxedo Touch for ADC video integration, which has not been implemented (likely for security and QC reasons) on existing compatible panels which could just as easily support it. It can certainly be brought up to ADC though.