System Arm Button

I am using the GC3 in our house. Looking for an easy way to have an ‘Arm Away’ button in our garage. Until now I used a Logitech Pop button with an integration via Smartthings to alarm.com but ADC just shut down their PDA web interface in a manner that broke this integration path.

Question: Can the PANIC1 button be configured so that it performs an ‘Arm’ activity as opposed to triggering panic? Perhaps if instead of specifying it as a Panic button and instead defining it as configured as a 4-key remote, the panic button would send the same signal as the first fob button (Away)?

To be clear - I am looking for a device that is a bit more substantial in size as well as single-function than the 4-key fob remote and that I can mount next to my garage door opener on the wall.

Thanks.

Actually - I just figured out that if I configured my (spare) doorbell button as a key fob, it indeed triggers an Arm Away signal as needed. Problem solved. May work the same for PANIC1 too but the doorbell button will do the trick just fine.

Actually – I just figured out that if I configured my (spare) doorbell button as a key fob, it indeed triggers an Arm Away signal as needed. Problem solved. May work the same for PANIC1 too but the doorbell button will do the trick just fine.

Not too sure on this. What firmware version are you currently using? This does not function on GC3 3.1.1 nor does it work on a GC2 panel.

I am using 3.1.1. - Discovered the hard way that it does work as ‘Arm Away’ in the walk test but does not actually triggers an Arm Away in real life. WIll continue with corrected Smartthings integration and some backend hacks I am implementing. Thank you!

Note that you can use Alarm.com scenes to set an “Away Scene” which includes arming away, then create a widget for your phone home screen to activate the scene.