Switching to suretyDIY with DSC

Hi

I’m interested in potentially using your monitoring service and am curious if it will work with the alarm system in the home I just purchased.

The main panel is a DSC PC 1852. The board is connected to a DSC 3G4000 cellular model and I’d like to see if I can continue to use cellular for communications as this house is out in the country.

If you could let me know, that would be great. Also if you do support that configuration, I’d love to understand how to properly order things.

Thanks!

Welcome to the suretyDIY forum!

The main panel is a DSC PC 1852. The board is connected to a DSC 3G4000 cellular model

The cellular module that you have is not compatible with Alarm.com’s service and there is not a compatible cell module for your panel. The only DSC panels that have Alarm.com compatibility are the Power Series Neo, DSC Touch and the DSC Impassa. With your current setup, you would be unable to get connected with our service.

In the event that you had a compatible panel, primary communication from the panel to Alarm.com and our Central Monitoring Station is accomplished via the cellular network.

If you are looking to use Alarm.com service, you might not need to replace the entire system, panels like the 2GIG Go!Control and Qolsys IQ panel can utilize takeover modules that would allow you to use most existing wired sensors, with the notable exception of life safety devices (or any normally open sensor).

If you would like more information the 2GIG Go!Control and GC2 would use the 2GIG Take-345 and the Qolsys IQ would utilize the Hardwire 16