Switching to Surety

I recently purchased this home and had a feeling this system may have been locked down by Vivant since I am not the purchaser of the former service. That said, in considering my options:

1. Have you heard of anyone who was able to convince Vivant to release the system in this scenario?

2. I’ve read you can change the cellular module to activate, but the admin setup is locked currently. Would this also give me full access after activation?

3. Is it safe to assume your service can be used with the newest HomeKit Honeywell hub?

4. Ideally, my dream would be to mount a cellular iPad as a hub. Is this possible?

I would appreciate any and all advice!

Thank you

I had a Vivint panel. The only thing I personally had to do is Flash the production software for 2gig on to the panel and overwrite all the Vivint software. I’m sure that the Vivint account was deactivated so the sim was clear and signed up with Surety. That’s my experience as a consumer. A technical support agent will probably be able to provide you with more detail.

Happy to assist!

1. Have you heard of anyone who was able to convince Vivant to release the system in this scenario?

To clarify, do you have the Sky Panel or the 2GIG Go!Control?

If you have the Sky Control panel, it is not Alarm.com compatible and would not be compatible with our service, you can find more information on this topic here. If this is the case you would need a new panel and cellular module to utilize service through Surety. You can find a list of compatible panels here, toward the bottom of the page.

If you have the 2GIG Go!Control, historically all modules sold by the provider are locked to that provider, therefore a new module would be required. This post covers this topic in detail.

2. I’ve read you can change the cellular module to activate, but the admin setup is locked currently. Would this also give me full access after activation?

Once an unregistered module is installed and service through Surety obtained, commands would be sent to unlock panel programming and default the installer code.

3. Is it safe to assume your service can be used with the newest HomeKit Honeywell hub?

No the apple HomeKit is not compatible with Alarm.com.

4. Ideally, my dream would be to mount a cellular iPad as a hub. Is this possible?

An unregistered, Alarm.com compatible panel and cellular module are required in order to utilize service with Surety. While an iPad can be used to control your system using the Alarm.com mobile app, an iPad cannot be used as the hub. An Alarm.com compatible panel would be required.

Thank you so much for the quick responses! I can confirm that the IMEI is NOT locked, so I’ll try to flash the unit, as suggested, prior to investing in another control panel. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the quick responses! I can confirm that the IMEI is NOT locked, so I’ll try to flash the unit, as suggested, prior to investing in another control panel. Thanks again!

The prior user suggestion is incorrect unfortunately regarding module usage. Note that with Vivint specifically, their modules cannot be used in any capacity by any other dealer. Historically they have been arbitrarily locked whether or not they are currently in use on an account. The serial number is simply not accessible to other dealers and can only be registered to Vivint. This is unfortunately out of our control.

In every case of switching from that provider, unfortunately a new module is required. If you ever need to switch from Surety, note that situation would never happen and your module would not be arbitrarily locked in any way by us.