switching from Vivint

Hi There, I am helping my mother switch from Vivint to you guys, and I understand that I need to purchase a new communications module to be able to take over the existing Vivint system. My mother has been with Vivint for over 5 years, so I believe that she is well within her rights to switch without penalties.

Can you assist with what information I can give you to see which communications model to acquire?

Certainly! If you are referring to a 2GIG Go!Control Panel, everything you might need in order to switch is detailed here.

You’ll want to determine the firmware version. This video will show you how to find that.

The AT&T Module requires 1.9.6 or later firmware. (possibly on the panel)
The LTE Module requires 1.17 or later firmware. (unlikely to be on the panel)

This kit has everything you would need in order to update the firmware and get started.

This coverage check tool will help determine which module is best for your area.

Hi there…. i have a problem with the scheduled delivery date of the items ordered with new subscription to (Removed by Admin)

I paid for the up charge for what was assumed to be faster shipment on 5-29-18 (yesterday).
I really need this item to be delivered on or before 6/2/2018 as I am coming in town from (Removed by Admin) and I am the one to install this for my 80 year old mother. I recommended your service to her with the idea that I could do the install for her and that I could get this product while Im there. If ordered on 5-29 I would have thought that I could get it by 6-2-18, but I received an email stating 6-4-18 as the delivery date.

Is there anything I can do to get this item faster???

Please be sure to not post personal details such as address on the public technical support forum. These should be emailed to customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

I paid for the up charge for what was assumed to be faster shipment on 5-29-18 (yesterday).

Looks like this is regarding an after-hours order on 5/29. Orders are processed during business hours. This would have shipped today, and it looks like there was an email sent with tracking number.

Please note that there is no up charge or accelerated shipping options. Shipping options at checkout are for UPS Ground or USPS Priority shipping. This only determines the carrier. UPS Ground appears to have been selected.

If ordered on 5-29 I would have thought that I could get it by 6-2-18, but I received an email stating 6-4-18 as the delivery date

Shipping time will be determined by the destination of the shipment and the chosen carrier. All products ship from Columbus, Ohio.

If you have questions on estimated delivery date you will want to email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and our customer service team will be able to provide the carrier’s estimated delivery time based on your location.

what time will customer service stop responding to email?

I sent this same message to the customer service email and still have not received a response . If I cannot get this item delivered by 6/2 then I will have no choice but to return item and cancel service.

Please forgive my urgency, but I am frustrated with the inability to communicate to anyone in a timely fashion.

Please note the attached picture that shows higher shipping charge.

shipping-picture.png

Normal business hours for customer service are M-F 8:30-5:30 EST.

I sent this same message to the customer service email and still have not received a response . If I cannot get this item delivered by 6/2 then I will have no choice but to return item and cancel service.

Please forgive my urgency, but I am frustrated with the inability to communicate to anyone in a timely fashion.

Customer service responds to inquiries in the order they are received. It will typically take a short time for response and a reply should not be expected to be instantaneous.

We understand urgency if you planned on installing on a particular date. Carrier shipping time unfortunately is determined by the carrier, in this case UPS.

As indicated during checkout, UPS Ground service was selected. You can find an estimated delivery time map for UPS Ground here. Products ship from Columbus, Ohio, 43221.

Please note the attached picture that shows higher shipping charge.

I understand the confusion, however yes, UPS Ground service charges for the package size and weight were higher than USPS Priority flat rate. Some individuals prefer one carrier over another, so both are offered when a shipment’s dimensions allow either carrier.

UPS Ground is not an accelerated version of USPS shipping.

UPS and USPS are different carriers. UPS can be found here. The USPS website is found here.

I setup this account while I was logged in as myself and it created the account with my name as primary user.

How do I get this new account name corrected to my mothers name and also change the credit card info to hers as well?

Nevermind… seems you have already reached out to me regarding this issue.

How do I get this new account name corrected to my mothers name and also change the credit card info to hers as well?
Nevermind…. seems you have already reached out to me regarding this issue.

Yep, generally for account specific questions you will want to email customerservice@suretyDIY.com or send a secure message. They’ll be happy to help get you set up.

As far as billing goes, it is performed on the suretyDIY website, you can adjust the payment method by clicking on your name at the top to access your dashboard, then select Alarm Subscriptions. View the appropriate subscription and click Change Payment. You can add a new payment method there and adjust the billing name/address.