Switching from the 2GIG GC2 Go!Control to the GC3 Panel

Hi,

I’m considering upgrading from my 2GIG Go! to the 2GIG GC3.
I have a couple questions:

Do I have to buy a new Verizon module, or will the one I have in the Go! work in the GC3?

Are there any tools to help transfer settings from the Go! to the GC3, or does everything have to be reprogrammed?

Can I still use the Go! as a secondary panel?

Thanks

Happy to help!

Do I have to buy a new Verizon module, or will the one I have in the Go! work in the GC3?

If switching from a 2GIG Go!Control panel or GC2 panel to the 2GIG GC3, a new cellular module would be required. The GC3 uses a cell sled, like this.

Are there any tools to help transfer settings from the Go! to the GC3, or does everything have to be reprogrammed?

There is an option to transfer users and sensor settings. What you can do is request a back up and transfer. A Backup of your current panel settings on the GC2 can be run and then applied to the GC3 panel. Note that Z-Wave devices would not transfer and would need to be re learned into the GC3 after the transfer process is complete.

When you are ready to begin, once you have obtained the panel and cellular module, please reach out to us via Secure Message with the new panels cellular module number.

Can I still use the Go! as a secondary panel?

No, the GC3 cannot use the Go!Control as a secondary panel (Or the TS1 for that matter) The GC3 utilizes the 2GIG-SP1 secondary panel. Furthermore, Image Sensors compatible with the Go!Control do not work with the GC3.

Hi Tyler,
Thanks for the reply.
So, the 2GIG Image Sensor PIR Motion Detector (2GIG-IMAGE1) and the 2GIG TS1 Wireless Secondary Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1-E) that I currently have will not work with the GC3?
Joe

No they will not. The GC3 would use the 2GIG-Image 2 or ADC-IS-300-LP, it would also require the separate XCVR3 Transceiver in order to utilize the Image Sensor (much in the same way the Go!Control or GC2 requires the XCVR2 for compatibility).

The TS1 secondary is not compatible with the GC3 in any way.

Well, is the GC3 worth all the additional cost?
Joe

That entirely depends on why you want to switch and your personal preference. The GC3 has a better touch screen and bigger display, firmware is much easier to apply (via USB thumb drive). Programming is intuitive and the GC3 supports more zones. It also has built in Wi-fi for dual path (whereas the GC2 requires the Go!Bridge). The GC3 is touted as more of a premium product when compared to the GC2.