Switching from my current provider to SuretyDIY

I currently have a security system for my home in North Carolina. The local company that installed my system has apparently been sold and is transitioning to another company this month. My research indicates that their monthly fees are considerably higher than my current rate, so I’m considering alternatives. I’ve paid for my service through next April. I’m not looking to make any changes right away, but I’m exploring options.

Here are some details on my current system:

• System was installed in April of 2015.
  • I have online service through Alarm.com as well as a monitoring service.
  • Control panels are “Concord 4” by Interlogix
  • Most of the system is hardwired, however I have some window sensors what are wireless.
  • I looked up my Alarm.com module number on your website tool and it said that it was already in use. I’ll hope that it will be released after I cancel service with the current company.

My questions:

• Does it appear that I can switch to your services on my existing system and then upgrade the system over time to improve and expand its capabilities?
  • Will additional equipment be required up front to make the switch, or can I use all existing functionality as is, and then upgrade as budget allows?
  • I’m interested in home automation, including Lutron and Phillips Hue, so I’m looking for a system that I can expand with smart home options. What components would I need to purchase from you to provide home automation features? I realize that I’ll need the controller units for the various services, such as Phillips Hue, but I’m not sure if I’ll need equipment specific to the security system to link the various systems.

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

– Does it appear that I can switch to your services on my existing system and then upgrade the system over time to improve and expand its capabilities?

suretyDIY provides monitoring for all Alarm.com compatible alarm panels, including Concord 4. With our service you would have complete control over the addition of devices and installer programming.

– Will additional equipment be required up front to make the switch, or can I use all existing functionality as is, and then upgrade as budget allows?

That would just depend on whether or not the module is released. Alarm.com communication modules can only be connected to one provider at a time, so if the Alarm.com account is left active or the module is locked to the provider, a new cell module may be needed.

A new module would be the only thing that might be needed if you are able to keep existing equipment.

– I’m interested in home automation, including Lutron and Phillips Hue, so I’m looking for a system that I can expand with smart home options. What components would I need to purchase from you to provide home automation features? I realize that I’ll need the controller units for the various services, such as Phillips Hue, but I’m not sure if I’ll need equipment specific to the security system to link the various systems.

Hue is not a compatible product (Zigbee based I believe) however Lutron RadioRa2 and Lutron Caseta systems are integrated directly with Alarm.com, and Interactive Gold subscribers can link them with Alarm.com to create rules and schedules in their Alarm.com account.

No additional hardware would be needed for Lutron other than the Lutron equipment.

As far as Z-wave automation, the Alarm.com communication modules for Concord can be purchased with or without a Z-wave radio. If you can provide the model number of your current module we can make sure you would have Z-wave capability.

Jason, thank you for your quick response.

This sounds like a perfect fit for my needs. Even if I have to purchase a new communications module, it will be an affordable option and I’ll be able to spend my money on upgrades to the existing system rather than replacing everything.

Thanks again for your assistance.