Switching from Frontpoint to surety

Hi all. I’m in the process of switching from Frontpoint to surety. I purchased the IQ 2+ and have it activated on my new alarm.com account. My Frontpoint contract is up in about two weeks, so my old alarm.com Frontpoint account is still active. I want to use my existing sensors with my new panel, but was not sure what I needed to do to remove from my Frontpoint system and add to my new system. I’m assuming I will need to contact Frontpoint to have them removed from my old account before I can add using my new panel? Any advice would be appreciated.

Happy to assist

I want to use my existing sensors with my new panel, but was not sure what I needed to do to remove from my Frontpoint system and add to my new system

I assume the sensors from the old panel are 319.5Mhz compatible correct?

Is the old panel still powered up and active? If not, you could just learn the sensors into the new panel.

If the old panel is active, you would not want to learn them into the new panel until the old one is powered down/no longer being monitored. You want to avoid having one sensor learned into two different panels that are reporting with active monitoring accounts.

For RF sensors like door/window contacts, glass breaks, motions, life safety devices, etc. they would need to be removed from panel programming, which would required the Installer Code for the old panel. Do you have this? If not, you may want to contact the previous provider.

Z-Wave devices are different in that these could be removed from the old panels Z-wave network using the new panel.

Then they could be added to the new panel’s z-wave network. This would only require the Installer Code for your new IQ Panel 2+. This could be done regardless of the old panel’s connection status.

Hello what panel do you have with Frontpoint. U might not even need to contact them

I have their hub. I initially had the original IQ panel, but they insisted I swap it for the Hub when my battery started swelling about a year ago.

1 Like

Ok unfortunately u will have to either contact them to delete the sensors which they might give u a hard time or just power down the hub which is very easy to do which is scary

I had Frontpoint before when I forgot them I had the xt panel which was fine but then my xt went bad and they had me change to the hub and I hated it which is what caused me to leave Frontpoint

If you have the same sensors that were in use on the IQ Panel, they should be 319.5MHz RF sensors, which work with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 319.5Mhz radio.

Do you have programming access for the Hub?

If you are unable to remove sensors via programming locally via the Hub, you will likely need to reach out the service provider for next steps.

Otherwise, you will want to wait until the Hub is powered down completely and no longer signalling to connect the 319.5MHz sensors to the new IQ Panel 2+

1 Like

The sensors are mostly the same as I used with the original IQ. They replaced one door sensor and a motion sensor after I switched to the hub. Unfortunately I do not have access to perform any sort of local programming on the hub. Looks like I will need to call them.

1 Like

The sensors Frontpoint uses r 319 so they will work but if u want to bypass calling Frontpoint just power down the hub all u do is unplug the hub and then open the battery cover and push the switch to off and remove the battery and it will no longer work