Switching from Brinks to Surety w/ new IQ4 Panel

I received my new IQ 4 Panel from Surety and I am replacing my IQ 2 Panel (currently with Brinks).

I have put in the cancellation request and will start my 30 day wait period.

My question is… Can i create a new alarm.com account and get my IQ 4 Panel set up with Surety now or do I have to wait until the cancellation goes through and I request an Alarm.com release from Brinks?

Since you’re not using the panel you had linked with Brinks and instead using a brand new panel you bought from Surety your good to get started. Usually there’s an issue when your using the same panel and your previous provider hasn’t deleted your alarm.com account and unlocked your panel. But since your using a new one, you should be good to go

1 Like

U can go ahead and start with ur new panel now I recommend putting ur brinks account in a test period for next 30days and then shut down the panel since u will be hooked to surety monitoring

Thanks for the replies… Does that mean I can use my current alarm.com account or still need a different one to get started?

Activating your service through our website creates a new Alarm.com account. It will not be using your existing account which is tied to the other panel and provider.

Complete your activation steps here at any time.