Switching from 2GIG GC3 to 2GIG Go!Control

The touchscreen broke on system. I do have a 2gig gocontrol and a gobridge ip communicator i can replace it with. Can I just use the gobridge or do I need a radio as well?

Happy to help!

It would be possible to switch from the 2GIG GC3 panel to a 2GIG Go!Control panel. However, while communication via the Go!Bridge can function as a concurrent backup signalling method and successfully communicate with Alarm.com if cell service is down for any reason, an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module is required for all Alarm.com accounts.

While the module would not have to be purchased from us, we do offer both the 3G AT&T module as well as the 4G LTE Verizon module. The 4G LTE module would require firmware 1.17 in order to be compatible.

Additionally, a backup of sensor programming can be applied to the Go!Control from the 2GIG GC3 panel as well (Image sensor and Z-Wave devices would not transfer). Should you decide to obtain an unregistered cellular module for the Go!Control and would like to have our team perform a panel/module swap on your account, please submit your request via our Secure Message Tool. Be sure to include the new module’s wireless ID number as well.