Swapping a door sensor

I purchased a 2gig panel and 3 door sensors that surety programmed for me. Everything was great until I went to install the sensor on my front door-unfortunately, due to the doorswing/installation, the thin contacts I purchased won’t work. I purchased a recessed door contact, so now I’m wondering: how do I swap out the already programmed “front door” contact for the new one, and how do I assign the old “front door” thin contact for it’s new home as a window sensor?

Side question- is it possible to somehow learn the old (I mean really old) window contacts into my system? They look like honeywell- should I look into it more, or is that a lost cause?

Also, I saw my stuff shipped from Columbus- I’m and OH-IO native…Go Bucks!!

purchased a recessed door contact, how do I swap out the already programmed "front door" contact for the new one

Access programming, and find the device (zone for “front door”), down arrow till you see (0862) dw10, change this (enter “0863”), which is dw20r, down arrow till you see the serial, delete old serial and manually enter the serial for the dw20r, then down arrow till you see (2)loop2, change to “1” which is loop1. Done.

Down arrow till you see summary, verify changes, skip, end exit. Panel reboots. Test dw20r sensor.

Should look like this:
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/88-2GIG-DW20R-Recessed-Door-Programming-Installation

how do I assign the old "front door" thin contact for it's new home as a window sensor

Access programming, add dw10 like normal. For walkthrough “how to”, see:
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/87-2GIG-DW10-Door-Window-Programming-Installation

I’m currently traveling for work, but this will be my project first thing friday am.

Thanks so much!!

If they’re Honeywell 5800 series (the model number printed on them is 58XX with any numbers for XX) and if they still work properly then you can learn them into your 2GIG panel.

I forgot to say thanks to @rive your instructions worked like magic the first try. Thanks again!!