suretyDIY monitoring packages and add-ons

Looking at the pricing for monthly fees breakdown.

What is the “With suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring”?
Is this different than the Alarm.com video level 1?
Is it possible to have video stored locally to my own DVR.
What is smart energy management?
If I decide to purchase the 2GIG GC3 panel is there any type of extended warranty?
If I purchase the doorbell camera used by another company, can I install it to this platform?

Thanks

What is the “With suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring”? Is this different than the Alarm.com video level 1?

suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring refers to our Central Monitoring Station Operators that contact the proper authorities in the event of an alarm generated by your system. You can choose to have Basic Interactive or Gold Interactive with, or without, Central Station Monitoring.

Alarm.com Video Level 1 is a video add-on that enables the user access to video cameras and the cloud storage of video footage captured by said cameras. This footage can be then viewed on Alarm.com.

Is it possible to have video stored locally to my own DVR.
Analog DVRs and Cameras could possibly be used along with the ADC-VS420 4 Channel Video Server as long as the analog DVR has video loop outputs.

Alarm.com IP cameras, like the ADC-V520IR, must use the Alarm.com SVR.(See Attachment)

What is smart energy management?
This post here will give you an excellent run down of Smart Energy Management.
If I decide to purchase the 2GIG GC3 panel is there any type of extended warranty?

No extended warranty. suretyDIY honors the full manufacturer’s warranty on all products purchased from our store. Keep in mind you are under no obligation to only use equipment purchased through suretyDIY when signing up for our service. Technical support is also still freely available on our forum should you find a deal on equipment elsewhere.

If I purchase the doorbell camera used by VIVINT, can I install it to this platform?

The Doorbell Camera from that company will not work. There is a doorbell camera being released through Alarm.com called the Skybell HD that should be out any day now.

SVR100_DataSheet.pdf (212 KB)

Hi there,

Does the “Gold Interactive” with “suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring” include the monthly fee for cellular service of the panel connectivity?

Which cellular module to recommend with the 2GIG GC3 panel?

Why does the “2GIG Super Switch Take Over Module (2GIG-TAKE-345)” state that it does not work with smoke or carbon monoxide detectors?

If selecting the “Alarm.com Video Level 1 (Up to 4 Cameras, 1000 Cloud Clips)” does the video transmit thru the cellular module on the panel or thru the Local Area Network?

Does the “Gold Interactive” with “suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring” include the monthly fee for cellular service of the panel connectivity?

Yes, all fees are covered on this page. There is no separate data fee, it is included in the monthly service price.

Which cellular module to recommend with the 2GIG GC3 panel?

This would be determined by location. You can use our coverage check tool to determine the best module for your location. With all things equal, we’ve seen slightly better overall signalling from Verizon.

Why does the “2GIG Super Switch Take Over Module (2GIG-TAKE-345)” state that it does not work with smoke or carbon monoxide detectors?

It does not. There are a couple reasons.

1. The TAKE-345 translates normally closed contacts. Smoke and CO life safety devices are Normally Open.
  2. It is not UL listed to do so. The Qolsys Hardwire 16, for example, can translate Normally closed or normally open sensors, but is not for use with smoke detectors as it is not recognized as a certified life safety device product.

Smoke and CO detectors would need replaced, or you might be able to use the firefighter ECFF345 if the smoke detectors have local sounders.

If selecting the “Alarm.com Video Level 1 (Up to 4 Cameras, 1000 Cloud Clips)” does the video transmit thru the cellular module on the panel or thru the Local Area Network?

Alarm.com cloud video is all IP based. The video transmits through internet and does not have any connection to the cell module.

Is there any discount for more than one account(2 locations)?

No, not at this time. Pricing found here is per account.

Is the wifi of the GC3 available yet? If not how does one add cameras to this system?

Is the wifi of the GC3 available yet?

Not yet. No firmware update has been released yet for the GC3. I would expect it in the first release.

If not how does one add cameras to this system?

Cameras through Alarm.com do not communicate with the panel in any way directly. They are simply learned in through your Alarm.com web login and communicate via internet with Alarm.com and are accessible then in your web login and app.

How does the door bell camera interact with the GC3 panel and smart phone app?

Does it notify you like the VIVINT system?

What would the wifi on the panel be utilized for if not for cameras?

Door Bell Camera does not interact with the panel.

You are notified on your smartphone, with the ability to view and speak to the individual at the door through the app.

Wifi is used for a back-up communication method for signalling, as well as a concurrent inbound signal method to reduce latency on remote commands.

Can you use the camera to trigger an event such as turning on the porch light?

While you can’t trigger an event that way with a video camera, you can trigger such an event with a motion sensor. Honeywell has a reliable outdoor motion sensor, the Honeywell 5800PIR-OD which should work with 2GIG’s panel.

If I sign up today with no video cloud selected… can I change that when I get cameras to add to system?

Also… some others negative comments were that the weather alerts that sounds at the panel were a nuisance and that it cannot be turned off or configured to not alert in the middle of the night.

Is this true?

Yep, as a month to month service, additional features can be added at any time. You can request to add features later by emailing customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

Weather alerts are a standard feature of Interactive Gold accounts, however, if you do not wish to use them, you can request they be turned off.

I’m not sure when the comments were made that you read, but Alarm.com has limited severe weather alerts to Tornadoes, Tsunamis and Wildfires.

Severe thunderstorms were removed as an alert due to complaints about the frequency.

Is the use of firefighter ECFF345 with existing wired smoke detectors sufficient?

Sufficient for what purpose? It’s an ETL listed device and if you have AC interconnected smoke detectors, it allows you to monitor all of them with one device (pretty nifty) which saves a lot on installing multiple wireless detectors.

They are rather simple in principle and have performed well.

I meant if the use of this device satisfies the requirement of safe house for smoke detection. Or does a system still require a single new wireless smoke detector in addition to this device.

If you are referring to local fire code requirements, no, the Firefighter module itself is in addition (and typically wireless smoke detectors as well) and does not itself satisfy code.

Your interconnected AC smokes are typical code required sensors. The Firefighter cannot function by itself and is used as a monitored supplement to existing smoke detectors.