Surety take-over of Qolsys Panel 2 Plus or Corcord 4 system

I am considering the purchase and installation of either a Qolsys Panel 2 Plus with 16-zone hardware translator or a Concord 4 hard-wire with wireless capabilities system to replace my 28 year old hard-wired Moose system. I will elect to have it professionally installed.

Having spent the last few days reading the forums here back almost a year, I’ve red a LOT of postings. Do I correctly recall that if at the end of my three year or five year contract that I will be able to cancel with the company I select to do the installation now and have Surety pick up my monitoring service at that time?

If so, how will you do this?

Service through Surety requires an Alarm.com compatible panel and unregistered, Alarm.com compatible cellular module. Compatible equipment does not have to be purchased through us in order to use our service.

Note that modules can only be linked to one Alarm.com account at a time, so the module in use could not be linked to another Alarm.com account. We cannot speak to the practices of another dealer, you would want to find out from them what their policy is after your contract is up regarding the equipment.

When ready to obtain service through Surety, purchase your service plan, fill out the necessary information to create your account (including your unregistered cellular module number) and the account is created automatically.

If self install is an option, we offer the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ via our storefront. Currently, if purchased through Surety, you will receive a six month free trial of our Surety Home plan with monitoring service.

Ah, more complex than I imagined.

I am reasonably sure that the cell module in the Qolsys Panel 2 Plus is NOT replaceable; i.e. I would have to purchase a new panel.

I have no idea how the cell module is installed in the Concord 4 system.

To clarify, a cellular module is considered to be registered when it is tied to an Alarm.com account. When it is not associated with an account, it is unregistered.

Typically, the cellular module becomes unregistered after account cancellation. You would want to contact the service provider you plan on using to find out their policy regarding account cancellation.

While the cellular module is not replaceable on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+, it is replaceable on the Concord 4. It is hardwired directly to the Concord 4.

Good to know that the cellular modem registration with Alarm.com “should” be unregistered after reaching the end of my contract. As you say, some installers may not agree to go along though.