Support for myQ-G0401-ES?

Garage doors work great in the MyQ app. I tried adding via serial in the Surety/alarm.com app and get “Registration was unsuccessful for this device. Please factory reset the device, reconnect to an internet network, then try registering again.”

I think the pic in the app appears to be a 301, but assuming/hoping the 401 should work as well?

Yes that would be supported, the issue here would be that the device is learned into a MyQ account. The Gateway can only be registered to one account at a time, either through Alarm.com or MyQ.

To register it through Alarm.com, first go into your MyQ app and delete that Gateway from the account. Wait about 10 minutes then try again in Alarm.com. Does that resolve the issue for you?

Thanks Jason! That resolved the issue. Just need to rename them and I should be all set.

To rename MyQ devices, log into the Alarm.com website and visit the home page. Click on the arrow icon on the garage doors card. Then on each door card you can click the configuration gear icon to find the option to rename.

Thanks! I was in the app. I must say, I just got my system last week and the support so far has been pretty damn amazing.

Glad to help out!

So I’m trying to install one of these (MyQ-G0401-ES) that I just got and am having trouble getting it connected to Alarm.com. I’ve managed to get the gateway registered, but when I go to add the device, the instructions say to click on “learn” button on the wall panel twice. Well, the MyQ wall panel that came with this setup doesn’t have anything labeled “learn” on it; there’s a button with a single dot, a gear / settings button, and a double-dot button. I’ve tried all of them, with everything from double-clicks to long holds, and nothing works. The alarm.com page goes through it’s “searching for new devices” but never comes up with anything. Maybe I’m missing something really simple, but I have no idea what (and I’ve searched the internet high and low). Any suggestions?

When adding a MyQ device you’ll need to select the correct type of MyQ control device you are using when adding a device in Alarm.com.

It sounds like you are selecting the MyQ wall button option. If you do not have a MyQ wall button that will not work.

The MyQ-G0401-ES is a smart garage hub. Select that option and follow the steps to learn in the hub. Then if you have a non-MyQ opener choose the Non-MyQ Garage Door Opener option.

If you are having trouble finding the option, let me know and add a screenshot of what you see in the options list. Please also confirm the model number of the garage door opener.

Okay, sheesh, I feel stupid. It was just the terminology; I didn’t realize it was asking about the opener (i.e. the motor unit) itself as opposed to the hub, so I kept selecting MyQ wall unit (since I had installed it on the wall). Managed to get it all set up now, thanks for the hint!

MyQ is not the most intuitive to get setup due to all the varieties and combinations of equipment, glad to hear its resolved!