Steps to configure a 2GIG-FT1-345 with GC Panel

I have a Go!Control (not the GC3) Panel and I’m trying to add the 2GIG-FT1-345 flood sensor. I’m not interested in configuring the temp sensor feature and only care about flood. Any help with the steps to add this device to my system would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Setup would be the same as the GC3:

For Flood Zone:

RF Sensor Type: 08 – 24 Hour Auxiliary Alarm
Equipment Type: Flood
Equipment Code: (1065) 2GIG Flood Sensor
Serial Number: Learn – Tamper Sensor
Equipment Age: New
Sensor Loop: 1
Voice Descriptor: As desired
Sensor Reports: Enabled
Sensor Supervised: Enabled
Sensor Chime: As desired

Optionally you can then add the other temp zones:

Equipment Type: Temperature
Sensor Loop: 2

Equipment Type: Freeze
Sensor Loop: 3

This is great and makes sense. I’m very new to this so I don’t wnat to make a mistake here. Is is safe to assume that if I set the “Sensor Supervised” option to disabled, it will not alert my monitoring company? I really only want the panel to send me a text in the even water is detected. I just configured the zone as you described above and when I tampered the sensor, it called my alarm company and they, in turn, called me, which I don’t want to happen.

FYI - I’m simply using this sensor in the AC drain pan in a rental property so I only want the system to notify me when there’s water in the drain pan and I don’t need my alarm company to call me nor do I need the panel to sound an alarm.

Again, thanks for the help!

Is is safe to assume that if I set the “Sensor Supervised” option to disabled, it will not alert my monitoring company?

No, sensor supervision should be enabled. It does not concern signaling to the CS. Supervision is the periodic check-in signal from the sensor to panel which lets the system know the sensor is functional.

FYI – I’m simply using this sensor in the AC drain pan in a rental property so I only want the system to notify me when there’s water in the drain pan and I don’t need my alarm company to call me nor do I need the panel to sound an alarm.

If you just want to use it as a notification sensor you would want to program the RF Sensor Type as (23) No Response Type.

You can then set up Alarm.com notifications for that sensor, but never generate a local siren or central station response.