Spa temperature monitoring

Is there any consumer-friendly way to monitor the temperature of a spa remotely, like having a temperature probe in the spa report somehow (z-wave or RF) to an IQ panel or a phone? I’ve been searching for such solutions online, and can’t find any recommendations for suitable consumer products. Most solutions I’ve found involve some degree of jury-rigging beyond my level of confidence. I realize there is an engineering challenge to having a waterproof and chemical-proof temperature sensor that can report wirelessly…

Temperature monitoring is actually a new feature from Alarm.com and Qolsys. In version 2.5 Qolsys added sensor group 25 for non-reporting environmental sensors. You should be able to use the PowerG PG9905 with its outdoor waterproof temperature probe. I haven’t heard of anyone using it for a spa yet but I don’t see why not.

Currently you can only get notifications when the temperature hits a certain threshold but later this year Alarm.com should be releasing a raw temperature monitoring feature so you can track temperate measurements over time in charts, similar to the energy monitoring feature. I have not yet used this new feature myself yet but we’d be happy to investigate if you have any questions about it.

Hi Ryan,

I’ve seen the new advertising from ADC about temp monitoring for restaurants. I would like to monitor refrigerator and freezer temps. I currently have a 2gig panel. I would be interested in swapping to Qolsys if the temp sticks have probes, or allow the ability be put into a freezer or fridge? Also, do you know if you can set customs temp alarm points?

Thanks,
John

The solution Ryan mentioned above is what would be recommended. The PG9905 has an optional probe which can be used for fridge/freezers

The thresholds can be changed in sensor programming, and can be set anywhere between -40 and 180