Sound smome detectors during an alarm?

Is it possible to sound the smoke detectors during a break in to give added audio alert? Ive looked at some added sirens but am not overly happy with the options.

No.

Not sure what sirens you have looked at, but for $29 you can walk into any lowes, and get the battery operated 100db siren/strobe (iris/utilitech/everspring) and install as many as you want.

Your other option is to install TS1’s which have built in 85db (same as main panel) sirens (you can have up to 4 TS1’s or PAD1’s, or combination thereof).

See:http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/zwave-siren/#post-32282

I looked at the one at Lowes and ready many reviews where people say that this siren is eating batteries every month. That just doesn’t seem feasible.

I looked at the one at Lowes and ready many reviews where people say that this siren is eating batteries every month. That just doesn’t seem feasible.

Then go with $100 TS1 or a AC powered siren.

I have had the siren since 2013, and it is still on the same 4 C batteries that came with it. The siren probably gets activated and runs 4min every month or so (my cat loves to set off the image sensor). I fully expect the batteries in mine to last approx. 3 years.

The siren is a rebranded Everspring. Most of the reviews you are reading are probably for the siren on the iris system?

There is also the option of using a AC power plug with it as well as batteries (power adapter is not included though).