Somfy motorized blinds issue

Hello,

I have somfy motorized blinds in my house. I have the Somfy Zwave to RTS interface that is paired to my Qolsys. I have 7 blinds in my “family room” which are all on channel 1 and 3 blinds in the “master bedroom” on channel 2. So in the app the are listed as “lights” as you are probably aware of. They are either “on” or “off”. All the blinds were paired to the Qolsys individually as advised in another thread on here. Have them on a schedule to raise at sunrise and close at sunset. They have worked flawlessly for 8 months. Today, I needed to manual close them earlier than sunset and they would not close via the app or web interface. The somfy remote closed them without issue so I know they are working fine. I have ran all the advanced diagnostic Z wave test on the Qolsys and all of them seem to be working fine. I restarted the qolsys and unplugged the somfy controller and plugged it back in. I am at a lost. Usually I can trouble shoot these things pretty well but I am out of options. Thanks in advance!!

Hi! I apologize for the delay, looks like this was missed.

Do they still function with the automated schedules? They only fail when manually sending a command?

Have they ever been controllable via app manually?

Looks like those actually show up as dimmers. Just to verify, “On” is extended, correct? “Off” is open blinds?

No worries…

I just had to unplug the Somfy controller for a minute. Now it works… Must have needed some sort of “refresh” after I manually updated the Qolsys.

Thanks!!

Aha, well glad to hear it was a quick fix!

1 Like