Some GC3 questions...

I’m playing with the idea of getting another 2gig panel with SuretyDIY but I have a few questions about the GC3.

Have they enabled you to disable the touch screen beep?

For panic - the GC2, you had to press the emergency button then select the kind of emergency.
Is that still true - no one touch panic on the panel itself?

Does the GC3 support the PANIC1 button?

Another question -
I seem to remember setting my GC2 at one point, and during the count down I forgot something downstairs, and when I went down there I tripped a motion sensor during the countdown. Is that normal?

Any outstanding firmware bugs with the GC3 that you’d notice under normal usage?

Regarding Alarm.com packages…
Do you need to have the Smart Energy Management package($2 a month) to use this:

Say if I just wanted to monitor my home’s energy usage?

Also, the Skybell Doorbell Cam -
Do you have to have the Alarm.com edition? If so, any extra charge?

Is the doorbell directly integrated into the ADC app?
E.g. can you interact with the doorbell, and open the door all within the ADC app?

Have they enabled you to disable the touch screen beep?

Yes, the GC3 has four individual volume controls for chimes/announcements/doorbells/keypad sounds which you can adjust independently of one another.

For panic – the GC2, you had to press the emergency button then select the kind of emergency. Is that still true – no one touch panic on the panel itself?

Does the GC3 support the PANIC1 button?

Panic activation is the same process as GC2. Yes, it supports 2GIG 345mhz sensors, including the PANIC1.

I seem to remember setting my GC2 at one point, and during the count down I forgot something downstairs, and when I went down there I tripped a motion sensor during the countdown. Is that normal?

Yes and No. If a motion detector is programmed as an interior follow as they typically are, no, that zone type does not activate alarms during the entry or exit countdown period. If it was programmed as a different zone type, like perimeter, yes.

Any outstanding firmware bugs with the GC3 that you’d notice under normal usage?

If using two way voice, we have noticed less than optimal performance in side by side comparisons with the GC2, but it seems to be software driven issues, so will likely be patched out soon. Z-wave official compatibility is limited at this time. Some devices not yet officially supported and likely to cause issues are the ADC-T2000, the ADC Remote Temp Sensors, etc.

Regarding Alarm.com packages… Do you need to have the Smart Energy Management package($2 a month) to use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIBSKFU/

Say if I just wanted to monitor my home’s energy usage?

To monitor through Alarm.com or the Alarm.com App, yes you would need the add-on. To just view what the panel offers, no. Although I do not believe the GC3 supports energy metering yet.

Also, the Skybell Doorbell Cam – Do you have to have the Alarm.com edition? If so, any extra charge?

Is the doorbell directly integrated into the ADC app?
E.g. can you interact with the doorbell, and open the door all within the ADC app?

Alarm.com only supports the Alarm.com branded version, yes. ADC Cloud Video service is required to use Doorbell Cameras. You can view add-ons and pricing through suretyDIY here.

When the doorbell is pressed, a push notification alerts your phone. Simply tapping that notification opens the dialogue, bringing up video and audio control. On that same page is an unlock button letting you unlock the lock during the call.

Thanks Jason!

So the ADC-T2000 is not supported yet, but what about the CT100?

Quick question about two-way voice - in the event of an alarm(triggered by motion/door contact, etc in away mode), will the CS come through the panel first? Or will they call my phone first? I’ve found a few posts on 2 way voice but i’m still a little unclear on how it works.

CT100 should work with the GC3.

Two way voice is the first contact method, as the panel initiates the call, not the other way around, and CS operators will communicate through the panel 2-way prior to the contact list.