Smoke Sensor is Not Reset

I have this note on the status of one of my smoke detectors, it did went off a couple of months ago, how do I make it have a status of OK?

Thanks

Happy to assist!

This would be a trouble condition in Alarm.com that appears whenever your smoke detector goes off but the condition does not clear from Alarm.com’s servers.

In order to clear this, start by logging in to your Alarm.com account webpage.
From the Home page, click on the Issues details arrow which will take you to the Alerts and Issues page.
Then, you should find an alert that says Smoke Sensor Must Be Reset (Sensor Name). To remove this, click the Remove Alert button.

Does this resolve the issue?

There is no issue for the smoke sensor and there is no remove alert button (I have a low keyfob battery issue and has none).

I can only see this when I look at my Sensors Device list.

I have the same issue…

It looks like in both cases referenced here the panel is a GC3, correct?

We’ve sent a few commands through ADC to see if we can get the current status from the panel and clear that status. It looks like that is the only spot it is showing so it is likely just a stuck status. The detectors themselves do not need reset manually.

Can you try a panel reboot and see if that clears the status? (You can remotely reboot through System Manager)

I have rebooted my GC3 but the status is still there.

When I hover over the status following pop-up message appears:

“This sensor has not been reset since it last issued an alarm.

The system must be disarmed twice in a row to reset a hardwired smoke/heat detector. Sensor Smoke Detector is not reporting any alarms or issues.”

My detector is not hardwired and disarming twice does not reset it.

“This sensor has not been reset since it last issued an alarm.

The system must be disarmed twice in a row to reset a hardwired smoke/heat detector. Sensor Smoke Detector is not reporting any alarms or issues.”

Yes, it looks like this may be related to the GC3 and how the reset is reported, looks like this was reported once before on a GC3. I think it is just incorrect wording intended for a different panel type.

I’ve had ADC send a few specialized sensor status commands to try to clear that from the “Devices” page and it looks like it was successful (in both cases). Let us know if you still notice an issue. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to view the change.

The issue doesn’t show up anymore!

Thank you.

Thanks, it’s clear now.

Hi all - I am also having this issue on a GC3 - would it be possible to send a reset?

Thank you,
-Michael

Hi all – I am also having this issue on a GC3 – would it be possible to send a reset?

Thank you,

Certainly. We’ve sent a status request to try and clear that report in the Devices list. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to view the change.

Hello,

I’m having the same issue with my GC3. Tried rebooting the panel and there are no alerts or issues. Can you help with sending a reset?

Thanks

Happy to help!

Commands have been sent to clear the status you are seeing. You may need to log out then in to ADC to see this updated.

Thanks! That worked

Hello,

This issue is back for me, I have installed a new smoke detector and tested it.

Can you please remove my reset status.

Thanks!

Commands have been sent to clear the issue. Please allow about five minutes for the commands to take effect

Thank you, issue is resolved!

Glad to hear it!

Hello, I had another false alarm, can you reset the code on alarm.com again?

Thanks!