Smoke alarm didn’t trigger surety/alarm.com

Two of the zones on our security panel are smoke alarms. We had smoke in the house today and the house alarm went off as expected. However, the surety and alarm.com app didn’t notify me. It didn’t even acknowledge that a fire alarm went off on the panel. How can I resolve this?

So that I can best assist, can you confirm which zone and at what time this occurred?

Additionally it looks like these may be wired zones. If so, can you provide a photo of the sensor circuit wiring at the panel and at the sensor?

It happened on zone 1 approximately 5:40 pm ET on Friday, May 12.

I will send the connection details/photos later

I do not see any alarm activation at all for that zone on that day. If an alarm occurred locally and sounded on the detector but did not indicate an alarm occurred on the panel, that sounds like the wiring for the detection circuit has a problem.

What model of smoke detector is it? How long did the sensor sounder activate?

I uploaded a diagram of the hardware and connections to zone 1. I have 4-wire smoke alarms (System Sensor 4W-B) wired to a System Sensor COSMOD-4W. This COSMOD-4W is wired into Zone 1 of the DSC Neo Panel.

When the smoke alarms triggered, the siren powered by the DSC panel went off for about 10 minutes before I silenced it from the keypad. Later that evening, a couple of the detectors themselves started alarming. They were alarming for a couple hours before I pulled them off the ceiling.

I have never used the COSMOD4W, but in general if the panel siren was triggered then it got the sensor signal. Was it a normal fire alarm siren or trouble beeps?

Oddly the only thing I see in your history for that zone is an offline malfunction for about an hour the next day.

Normally I would say this is likely a panel communication issue then, where it failed to reach Alarm.com, but you have sensor statuses coming in around that time with no indication of any issues. Signal strength looks good.

I would recommend testing the fire zone (and all other zones), setting off the alarm.

It looks like you do not have professional monitoring enabled so you can trigger alarms at any time to test and check your Alarm.com history. Notifications would occur based on your notification setup in Alarm.com.

Yes, the panel siren was triggered (normal fire alarm siren). The offline malfunction that happened the following day was caused by me removing smoke detectors from the ceiling. System is back to normal status now.

I will test the fire zone. What is the best way to trigger it without putting a flame under the detector?

Testing instructions are found on page 3 of the smoke detector manual: