Smart Thermostat ADC-T2000 and Temp sensor

I bought two ADC-T2000 and 2 Temp sensors to go with each. I installed fine, set up configuration ok. A couple things though,

1. Thermostat doesn’t allow me to set it to “display” the temp on the unite but the other thermostat does allowe it… is this a firmware thing, if so how do I update the firmware?
  2. I’m unable to save any schedules!
  3. I don’t see anywhere where I can tell the thermostat to read the temp from temperature sensor. Which is the whole reason I bought these units.

Happy to help!

Can you clarify a bit about being unable to save the schedules? Are you not able to view schedules in Alarm.com? Is the thermostat not following a schedule that you have set up?

In Alarm.com, on the thermostat page at the top of the thermostat card you should see a thermometer icon. This is where to access RTS devices and select which ones to connect to the thermostat or use as set point.

However, for the 2GIG Go!Control panel you are using, you need panel firmware 1.13 or higher for compatibility with the Remote Temp Sensors.

It looks like you are still using 1.9.6 (a very old version). It would be necessary to upgrade the firmware to successfully use the RTS.

For Surety subscribers we can offer an over the air upgrade of the 2GIG Panel. Cellular OTA upgrades can take up to 12 hours and the panel must remain powered during that time, and you should not access programming during the upgrade.

Would you like us to initiate an OTA upgrade for you?

Yes, please initiate the OTA upgrade. I appreciate it!!

Also, I my schedule is saved and working now. I hope the OTA upgrade will fix my RTS issue. I beleive it will.

Alright, I have initiated an update for you. It will actually take two separate updates to reach the necessary version, so the next update will likely need to be applied during business hours tomorrow.

Panels must be upgraded to 1.12 before upgrading further if currently older than 1.12.

Ok, so nothing to do on my side of things. Just sit back and wait? How do I know when its done updating?

It wouldn’t be complete until tomorrow at some time. We will let you know when the second update is started.

Your panel will typically reboot and announce its arming status upon completion, but otherwise there is no notification when complete. The panel firmware will read 1.19.3.1 when done.

The second OTA has been sent. This will take the panel from 1.12 to 1.19.3.1. The process can take up to 24 hours to complete. During this time do not power down the panel or enter programming mode, doing so can cause damage to the system.

If you have any additional questions, just let us know.

Ok, the panel is fully updated, thx for that! My upstairs Therm still doesnt give me the same options in advance configuration like my downstairs has. Ie. Display on…attached are the comparisons of the two.

That would probably be due to a firmware difference between the two thermostats. That cannot be updated. One of the Tstats may have older firmware.

You can check the version of the tstats while they are in Off mode. While the T2000 mode is off, hold the up arrow button for about 3 seconds. You should see a number displayed (Ex. X.XX) along with the symbols for both heat and cool. This is the firmware version.