Smart home rules

Want to make sure I’m not missing something. My last security system had so many smart features. I could load almost any zwave device and start creating rules off of it. I’m not seeing that with the ADC/Surtey system.
Here are a few things I was hoping to do.
-If my camera (VDB780B) detects a person between certain evening hours, automatically turn on certain zwave connected switches.
-Have certain switches turn on and off at certain hours of the day (without any trigger).
-Have my bathroom fan switch, which is a zwave connected device, turn automatically turn off after running for a certain amount of time.
-I could also link rules: If panel is armed AND motion sensor detects motion, then turn a certain switch on.
I think what I’m asking is very basic and doable but I don’t see how to do it in the app. I checked both managing devices as well as rules.
Is there a way to customize rules like this.
Thanks

1 Like

If my camera (VDB780B) detects a person between certain evening hours, automatically turn on certain zwave connected switches.

Visit the video page and edit your person detection recording schedule for the VDB780. Lighting automation is part of the recording rules.

Alternatively you should also be able to select doorbell camera triggers when creating a new Rule and selecting Event Triggered Rule on the Automation page.

-Have certain switches turn on and off at certain hours of the day (without any trigger).

To create lighting schedules visit the Automation > Schedules page while logged into Alarm.com.

-Have my bathroom fan switch, which is a zwave connected device, turn automatically turn off after running for a certain amount of time.

You can create an automation rule which turns on, and then turns off the device after a selected period of time.

You cannot trigger an “off” automation timer by manually flipping the switch on though, it will only work if you automate the on action.

If panel is armed AND motion sensor detects motion, then turn a certain switch on.

Under normal circumstances this would just be an Alarm triggered rule, select alarm rather than sensor activity.

If using the sensor as a no response type though which does not trigger alarms, this is not available at this time in Alarm.com. You can place a conditional on the activation by an actual time-frame or by selecting only after sunset.

1 Like