Smart Door lock and user codes to panel

I have a Kwikset 914 smart door lock and I have an emPower rule set to “Disarm the system when Lock is Unlocked by User Code”. This works however user code does not appear to be passed over to the panel so I therefore cannot write an additional rule that says if my child disarms the system then take a video clip. I believe the reason the user codes from the door lock are not being passed to the panel is because my zwave network has my smartthing hub as primary controller and the 2GIG panel as a secondary controller. I am guessing the smartthing is receiving the unlock command from the door but the user codes are not being passed over to the 2GIG panel.

Assuming that is the case, my question is if I were to break apart the zwave network and put the lights on the smartthing hub (as primary controller) and just the door lock on the 2GIG panel (as primary controller), would the user code be passed to the panel when the emPower rule “Disarm the system when Lock is Unlocked by User Code” is triggered?

Assuming that is the case, my question is if I were to break apart the zwave network and put the lights on the smartthing hub (as primary controller) and just the door lock on the 2GIG panel (as primary controller), would the user code be passed to the panel when the emPower rule “Disarm the system when Lock is Unlocked by User Code” is triggered?

No. The problem in this scenario is that the panel is not receiving a disarm action from a user code, it is an automated action from the lock being unlocked. A rule based on a specific person disarming would require their code be input at the panel.

The way to set up a rule like what you are describing would be to set a recording schedule based on the lock being unlocked by that target user. That way when the lock is unlocked, the panel disarms, and if the specific code was entered at the lock, a video clip is also generated.

Thanks

I do not have a video camera yet so I cannot see what emPower rules are possible around video.

Are you saying the recording schedule is “smart enough” to have a rule that says “start recording if lock is unlocked by user code xxxx”? It appears the other Event Triggered rules are not that smart and can only say “do something when the lock is unlock by a user code”, meaning any user code not a specific one.

If you have a set of the recording schedule rules you could share before I purchase a video camera that would be great.

Nevermind I see the answer in the other post:

Jason wrote:

Yes. Recording schedules can be triggered by a specific code disarming the panel or a specific code unlocking a lock. Notification options are selected for each recording schedule.

Nevermind I see the answer in the other post:

Jason wrote:

Yes. Recording schedules can be triggered by a specific code disarming the panel or a specific code unlocking a lock. Notification options are selected for each recording schedule.

Yes, just keep in mind for this specific circumstance “record on disarm” would not be viable as the panel is not receiving user code input. You’ll want to use the “unlocked by” option.