SkybellHD doorbell camera

Hi there,

I have a SkybellHD doorbell camera and it has not been working for over a year. I have repeatedly followed instructions to reset the device and reinstall yet it with no success. Keeps getting to last step and states “Installation Failed”

Please advise.

Have you factory reset the device or just rebooted it? Factory reset requires an 80 second hold of the button until it flashes yellow. Once it does, let go and eventually the camera will return to flashing red/green and can be re-added.

I have reset to factory about 4 times… each time holding in excess of 2.5 minutes…

I have verified that the camera is attached to the Wi-Fi using the attached devices from Netgear.

The Wi-Fi I’m using is Netgear Orbi mesh

Netgear Orbi mesh

This sets off alarm bells, we’ve heard a good deal of specific issues with Orbi networks and video cameras/SVR.

The phone and device should be on the same 2.4Ghz network during setup, and with Orbi you’re not controlling 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz networks separately.

Are you able to disable 5Ghz in the Orbi during setup?

A few troubleshooting requirements:

The Alarm.com Doorbell Cameras do not support hidden SSIDs

Dual band routers must separate the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands into unique SSIDs.

A router must be broadcasting an 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz network.

Routers set to only 802.11n must be adjusted to b/g/n or b/g. If the router’s settings need adjustment, refer to the Internet Service Provider or the router’s user manual for instructions