Skybell Slimline Doorbell not detecting motion half the time

I have the skybell slimline doorbell from alarm.com and it seems to have a mind of it’s own when it comes to motion detection. I get packages delivered at my porch and the doorbell won’t even record a clip of the delivery man delivering packages even though it’s right there. At night, it would capture motion from a passing by car which is at least 50ft away. Has anyone experienced the same? Do I need to upgrade to new doorbell?

I want one which can alert me on my phone when it detects motion as well as on alexa/google/apple devices.

One thing to do is check the recordings section in the Video tab of your Alarm.com account for clips at the specific times you think a video should have been recorded. Its possible you didn’t get the notification but a clip was recorded.

If you find that motion recordings are not triggering when you want them to, disable the motion recording rule, wait 5 minutes, then recreate it. Wait an additional 5 minutes for the camera to get the new rule and test for functionality.

A guide on motion sensitivity settings and motion recording troubleshooting can be found here:

Thanks Tyler.
I checked the video tab and there’s no video for those occurrences. It’s been happening very frequently tbh, probably like 70% of the time.

If you find that motion recordings are not triggering when you want them to, disable the motion recording rule, wait 5 minutes, then recreate it. Wait an additional 5 minutes for the camera to get the new rule and test for functionality.

Doing this. will report back in a couple days