Skybell live answer stopped working on IQ Panel 2+

I have a newly installed Qolsys IQ 2 Plus Panel, and a Skybell ADC-VDB105. When I first set everything up, live answer was pushing alerts to the panel with no issues. Now, I cannot get it to work at all. The only thing that has changed is I mounted the panel to the bedroom wall. I have a Linksys Velop Mesh network with two nodes. Here’s what I’ve done to try and resolve the issue: I’ve taken steps to ensure that both the camera and panel are both connected to the same node, and have changed the SSID for the 5 GHz network to ensure that both the skybell and panel are on the same 2.4 GHz and again, same node. These next steps I found on other forums and I’ve checked them.

• My alarm.com account does NOT have 2 factor authentication enabled.
    -Logged into alarm.com and tried disabling the stream video to panel, and push button notifications to panel.
    -Logged back into alarm.com and enabled stream video to panel, and push button notifications to panel, hit save.
    -Unplugged power from panel and powered it down.
    -Restart Velop Network
    -Disconnected Skybell from power and reconnected.

Still no luck! I don’t understand what changed to make it stop working. This feature is actually what turned my attention to purchasing this panel. Previously we were using Ring Cams with our Echo shows. I’m open to ANY advice, please!

Thank you,

Curt

Is it just the push notifications from the doorbell that are not showing up on the panel, or can you not view the cameras at all?

Can you view the doorbell camera through the mobile app?

Did anything change about your wireless network, or did you just relocate the main panel?

Hi Tyler, It’s just the push notifications. Yes, I can view the camera and skybell from the panel. And yes, I can also view the doorbell from the app. I didn’t change anything on my wireless network until after the issue started. All I did was mount the panel. I was going to try using the internal wifi built into the panel, but stopped when the panel warned me that the remote panel would no longer work. This one is a “head scratcher” for sure.

That is interesting. This will sound redundant, and it may very well be but the first thing I would do in this case would be to go into Alarm.com and disable the push notification options, save, wait about 5-10 minutes, then re-enable. Sometimes it takes a bit between disabling and re-enabling to make the command stick.

1. Log in to the Alarm.com Website.
  2. Click Video .
  3. Click Settings .
  4. Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the Alarm.com Doorbell Camera’s name.
  5. Click Video Device Info .
  6. Click to select Send motion notifications to panel and/or Send button pushed notifications to panel as desired.
  7. Click Save .

After giving that a try, any change?

Hi Tyler, I didn’t mean to leave you hanging. I figured out the issue. In order for live answer to work, the Qolsys panel has to be connected to the mother node on my Linksys Velop system. Thank you for all of your help!

How did you assign to the master node ? Surely the whole idea of a mesh network is that devices connect to the node with the strongest signal ?

Have a simile problem. Can view the doorbell camera on the IQ panel and when the doorbell is pressed a notification appears on my iPhone and Apple Watch. Check box to show notifications on panel is checked. But it just stopped working.

Using a Google mesh network. It transmits 2.4 and 5Ghz over the same SSID name.

Anyone any suggestions ?

Your options will depend on the Mesh router you use. Some are highly configurable and able to meet requirements. Bluntly, some will cause problems based on reported limited feature sets and aggressive network optimization (Orbi basically always causes problems.).

I am not familiar with options for Google and whether you can split off the bands to unique SSIDs. Camera communication in general requires a stable, unchanging connection. Hopping between bands and access points interrupts LAN connectivity to related devices and sometimes interrupts ADC as well.

The general requirement for the best quality and support of all features is to connect all devices to a unique 2.4Ghz network. This is required for doorbell notifications on the panel as well, per ADC documentation. The panel and the doorbell must be on the exact same local network. They cannot shift to other bands.