Skybell HD with wireless chimes?

I know Skybell says they only work with wired or digital chimes. We have a large house and we’re changing out doorbells that were part of our intercom system, so we have no chime of any kind. We want to install Skybell HD video doorbells. Is there not some way to install a wired to wireless adapter like the Honeywell RPWL4045A (which connects to their wireless chimes) to enable us to put wireless chimes in different parts of our house without having to run a bunch of wires?

Alternatively, is there a way to integrate with IFTTT or Smartthings to play a chime over either Amazon Echos or SONOS speakers that we have throughout the house?

Thanks for any help!

Patrick

I know Skybell says they only work with wired or digital chimes.

This is correct. The Skybell needs not only the current from the doorbell transformer for operation, it is designed for the resistance of the analog chime. If you power the Skybell by a separate transformer and no chime you need to use a 10ohm resistor to avoid damage to the Skybell.

Digital chimes require an adapter for functionality.

You can ready Skybell requirements for installation here. They are not compatible with wireless chimes.

Alternatively, is there a way to integrate with IFTTT or Smartthings to play a chime over either Amazon Echos or SONOS speakers that we have throughout the house?

Skybell is not going to send any data to a Smartthings controller. I’m not familiar with exactly how to set it up using IFTTT, but that is more likely a possibility. It looks like there is a page of suggested interactions here.

Thanks Jason. And Skybell is the only video doorbell that works with the Alarm.com network correct?

Currently, yes, though I do believe there is at least one other option in the works. I do not have an ETA on that though. Stay tuned, we will be announcing any new model compatibility.

here is the soltion to skybell wireless chimes!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/interior-Door-Chime-Solution-for-Skybell/313048389244?hash=item48e323567c:g:eMsAAOSwI49ejLTV

You can use OhmCat chime solution though you have to purchase the power adapter and door bell chime separate even though they go hand in hand.