SkyBell HD issues

3nd picture

My skybell is about 18 months old and also suffers the battery bloat issue. Like David, tweaking the contacts gets me a couple of good days before it dies again, but I’m getting pretty sick of it going out.

Just curious if the slim Adc‑vdb105 also suffers from these issues? I hate the idea of dropping another $200 after not even two years, but would really like a solid solution to this. Or does anyone else have any suggestions for long-term reliability?

Thanks

I would look into replacing the battery …

Just curious if the slim Adc‑vdb105 also suffers from these issues?

I don’t recall hearing this specific battery concern regarding the Slimline model.

If the unit is beyond warranty the best solution would likely be to procure a replacement battery as suggested above in the thread.

Thanks - yeah, sadly it’s been nearly two years. Warranty is only one year, right?
I don’t mind replacing the battery, but won’t the replacement bloat up soon enough, too?

Yes, warranty is 1 year on that model.

If the issue is in battery manufacturing it may not experience the same issue. We’ve not heard further follow up on whether this issue persists with a replacement battery.

Okay thanks, I guess I’ll give the battery replacement a shot - will report back if the replacement bloats too!

I replaced my battery November of 17. Stopped working this week and took It apart. Replacement battery is bloated and bad…

Only lasted 9 months. They have to have considered that the doorbell is outdoors when designing these things.

I replaced my battery November of 17. Stopped working this week and took It apart. Replacement battery is bloated and bad…

Only lasted 9 months. They have to have considered that the doorbell is outdoors when designing these things.

Are you able to check the voltage being supplied to the doorbell?

Also, do you have a chime circuit attached or is it just being powered by a stand-alone transformer?

Voltage was 18ac when I tested it.

Its attached to the chime circuit. Analog not digital.

Ok, just wanted to be sure you didn’t need a resistor (if no chime is present).

Was that a battery from a third party or from Skybell?

It was a 3rd party battery. I haven’t seen an official skybell replacement battery available.